Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Fresh Tortilla Shops in Mesa

I know there have to be some. I always bought corn tortillas from the supermarket on Main near Mesa Dr because they were warm and fresh but it closed down a few months ago.

I thinks it's called Pro Ranch market or something like that. Stapely and southern.

• Like 1

a lot of Basha's-- Food City --- have tortilla factorys in the stores

here ya go

http://www.myfoodcity.com/index.php?Section=locations&City=&Tortilleria=Yes

ask about their schedule to get the freshest of what kind you like -

I like the huge ones for burros

do not forget to ask for fresh hot samples if the tortilleria is fired up and they are cooking

Nice to get good Mexican food again down here since I got back from Dakota. All the food sucked up there except meat and potatoes. No good Chinese, Itallian, Mexican up there. I been eating Tortilla's everyday since I been back. Up there My wife and I would make our food of all 3 species.............BOB!

I know there have to be some. I always bought corn tortillas from the supermarket on Main near Mesa Dr because they were warm and fresh but it closed down a few months ago.

I bought some grilled chicken at carniceria on country club north of main today and it was great. Came with some really good tortillas. I'm sure they must sell them there

If you are over by Chase Field, stop in and pick some up from Carolina's Mexican Food. Their tortillas are pretty hard to beat, as is most of their food. But be warned, the place can get insanely busy around lunch on weekdays.

Flour, water, salt, lard. Find the right mixture and the back of a cast iron pan. My wife used to make them so good!! I'd eat 6 with a spoon full of beans haha!! Easy recipe, hard execution!

That's what I'm talking about. That same recipe you can make navajo fry bread from it. Just throw it in a hot cast iron skillet with oil in it. Top it off with some taco fillings and enjoy.
  • Like 2

I thinks it's called Pro Ranch market or something like that. Stapely and southern.

El Rancho Grande. I always buy a whole chicken and fresh tortilla there. NW corner of Stapley and Southern. It's the sister store to the one OP mentioned. Go about 9-10am and just ask for a hot batch and they grab some off the conveyer for you. They usually have hot ones stored in an ice chest near the cash registers too.

Good stuff

• Like 1

They changed their name not to long ago to Los Altos, but pretty much everything is the same. Good store.

I did shop Pro Ranch few times but I found it to be too crowded and the quality of the meat, specifically chicken was disgusting. I did buy tortillas their and they were pretty good but I got spoiled buying them from the other place.

Food City is a regular stop for me and I see them making them but they never put them put warm and I am sure that there are a few variations on the recipe because even when I know they were put out that day because of the condensation in the package they feel rubbery. And I'm talking white corn tortillas which seem to be harder to find.