Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Then it woke up

I have done that same thing with a Great Horned Owl, Barn Owl, and Red-Tailed Hawk. I just put on my welding gloves, wrap them up in a blanket, and keep a hand on them as I am driving. The Great Horned and Red Tail were calm. That Barn owl was a fiesty little biter. He grabbed me as I grabbed him. I still have a scar from him.

20150609_142336_zpsoaejcspo.jpg

20150609_142340_zpsngoajrtu.jpg

20150609_160026_zpsv71z4aml.jpg

20150609_160039_zpslflyix79.jpg

20150609_160331_zpsbroxqgnk.jpg

• Like 3

Another reaon wildlife management should be left to hunters. When lance does it it all works in the end. When libtard does it they are uneducated and unprepared.

• Like 1

about 1999 a test vehicle hit and wounded a huge redtail on the 5mile circle track at the GM Desert Proving Ground on Ellsworth road. I was doing laps at 95 and 100 mph and watched the most amusing thing over the next 2 hours. that bird was pissed. it stood and faced-wings extended outward- anything that approached it. i was moving quite rapidly but will never forget one image-four as in 4 firefighters dressed in full hazmat gear closing in on that bird that looked as big as a velociraptor. i think the hazmat team were underdogs in that fight.

lee

ive done that with 2 great horned owls and one harris hawk and one eagle

owls are bad butt and extreamly callm.

the 2nd owl I and a buddy were going duck hunting, driving to horseshoe on the old dirt road saw a dead ringtail cat laying dead. got out to cut its tail offf and a owl decided he wanted it.

landed right next to it. as I was cutting its tail off.

so I picked it up , grabbed teh ringtail cat through it in the bed of the truck and the owl in the back seat my buddy kept yelling no Del. went another 1/2 mile to our duck spot. put the owl on the tail gate and he chowed down on the ringtail we went hunting a few hours later came back and the owl was sititng on the edge of the bed. tossed the ringtail on the ground put the owl back in the truck drove home.

thing hung around the house for years in the big tree. would land on the picnic table on patio every once in a while and I would feed it.

every once in a while wewould see it or another owl again in the tree. last sighting of a owl in our tree was around 5 years ago I caught the owl in the early 80's.

harris and eagle were with same hunting partner in seligman while shooting p-dogs both had broken wings by the tall power poles sought of the old mobile station a few years apart. buddy held both of those in his hands wrapped in a towel driving back to phoenix both happened on holiday weekends so I kept them in garage for a few days then called I believe liberty wildlife. it was before they got big back in late 80's early 90's only ones in valley that did wild birds. at that time.

we got some cool video on VHS if I ever convert it to new stuff. the harris I could feed with bare hands but only I, wife and friends it would try to claw them the eagle we just had 2 days. both Tim pender knew about

owls always freaked my wife out cause they would be facing away from her till she opened door then would spin head around to look at her usually upside down.

In misawa japan I had alot of Seahawks for pets they are huge and pretty friendly

cool pics lance

• Like 1