Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Wanted house painter

I'm looking into getting my house painted. Any cw members house painters? House is located in Queen Creek.

• Like 1

No a CWT member but this guy did my buddies house and did a awesome job. They back rolled it and spraying getting a nice coat on it. Call them for a quote

Roscoe

‭(480) 570-1608‬

• Like 1

From what I remember a one color with fascia being a trim color would be in the $3000-3500 range. 2 color which I recommend with popouts and fascia and around garage door trim being a second color. $3500-4000. My go to paint for exteriors is sherwin williams a-100. Im assuming your talking exterior. Interior is a whole other animal. If you have questions gimme a call.

I know a real good one. His Name is Sherwin Williams........GOOD LUCK........BOB!

Guest akaspecials

I dont do it anymore, but if you want the facia sanded and primed properly, do it yourself. Ive only seen a few crews that prep wood properly out here, and they are double the price of most guys cause it takes a lot of time.

Most importantly though, dont have your house painted June- August. Its too dang hot here and the paint goes on too thin. A lot of crews end up with shitty coverage and drips.

I hope the unsolicited advice isnt too out of place.

I dont do it anymore, but if you want the facia sanded and primed properly, do it yourself. Ive only seen a few crews that prep wood properly out here, and they are double the price of most guys cause it takes a lot of time.

Most importantly though, dont have your house painted June- August. Its too dang hot here and the paint goes on too thin. A lot of crews end up with shitty coverage and drips.

I hope the unsolicited advice isnt too out of place.

With flyers being dispersed in neighborhoods "any house painted for $1300" there aint much thats supposed to be done getting done. L.O.L. no pressure wash, no facia work, no caulking.. Lowest grade paint is being sprayed thin over dirt and coloring your house not sealing and protecting your investment. 😡 if its done in a day or 2 guys that is wasted $ and will cost you $ down the road. Two or three houses have been painted in my neighborhood in the last week and I have not seen anybody work on them one time I just suddenly see a different color on the house LOL
  • Like 1

From what I remember a one color with fascia being a trim color would be in the $3000-3500 range. 2 color which I recommend with popouts and fascia and around garage door trim being a second color. $3500-4000. My go to paint for exteriors is sherwin williams a-100. Im assuming your talking exterior. Interior is a whole other animal. If you have questions gimme a call.

With all proper prep im usually $3500-$5k on average house not a giant 2-3 monther of course. But yes pop outs, over hangs 2 toned, garage door sheened etc all start costing $$$.. We always figure in all repair of facia, cracks, garage door trim replacement etc. Very hard to compete with the trash work out there now. We always get the after effect calls where someone wants you to give them a special deal to fix something and unlicensed contractor just did to their house lol they don't understand it's harder to fix a bad paint job than it is to just do it right the first time.

My biggest suggestion is make sure your house gets pressure washed 1st! (if,over hang needs scraped thats 1st then pressure wash) Then usually sand textured caulking on all cracks and facia repair. 5-7 years max before repainting so if its been 10-15 expect price to rise if done by good company. 👍 and if only done every 5-7 years dont ya think its worth using quality paint? :) contractor grade is a roughly 3 year paint

*Adam just remember it is much easier to paint a house than it is to properly prep a house for paint.

^^^ what he said. Most houses take 1-2 full days of preping alone depending on how long it has been where fascia is needing sanded or out right replaced. A good painter is going to cost a little extra. I have seen some horrible work as I was working on a repaint.

• Like 2