Sign in to follow this  
jim

Antelope cape

I find myself in need of a Antelope cape. My bad shooting and some hungry coyotes leave me with a head and no cape. I would like one from Az preferably the 18a area but I have been told that there are not a lot of difference in the capes. Let me know what you have out there. If anyone is doing the 18a muzzle loader hunt and not planning on mounting your lope. 

I have a couple family members with hunts starting Friday. Both already have antelope mounts on the wall. How much are you wanting to spend on a cape and I will see if they are interested in selling?

FYI Your PM inbox must be full it wouldn't let me send to you.

Most of the taxidermists have capes that are already tanned.

Agreed, now Wyoming's goats heads are bigger and horns tend to be smaller, I had to use a Wyoming cape for one of my 4a goat, still looks great.

I have seen a photo.  Nice antelope, lousy deal the coyotes found it and consumed everything right up to the neck.

Yep that was the most polished bones I have ever seen. I know the birds were not going to be happy when they showed up, the dogs left very little to eat. I will be back up there to call. We saw anywhere from 2 to 10 coyotes every day.