Sign in to follow this  
cactusjack

Colt Trooper rescued

I purchased a Colt Trooper/Python Pinto on here a couple of months ago.   It needed to be rescued.   I found the correct barrel on ebay, and took it to my gunsmith.  Ordered new grips.  The new grips i ordered are target grips but  I'm probably going to get combat ones.  

AFC180C4-4439-4070-BADC-8F2641011685.thumb.jpeg.67876dc738d897d9aba0a5080c852ee6.jpeg

1F94DDC6-D410-47B4-B346-10D7F8A64E85.thumb.jpeg.8dae6cc0fa7b16d4eb66b2a7ebd6398c.jpeg

$_12.jpeg

IMG951585.jpg

• Like 2

Pretty cool. I was watching that pistol. I could tell it was a python barrel but knew the action was not a python

Nice looking revolver and definitely worth saving. Now that she’s almost ready for the dance I think she deserves a dress tailored just for her (new holster). Leather in the picture looks like it got “massaged” with a dull knife.

Not a pro by any stretch of the imagination but I have made a few field rigs that are at least serviceable.

• Like 1

Great to see the results of the reconditioning. Looks nice. Good luck with the sale. I just wanted to say hello Steve!  Hope all is well with you and the family. 🤙🏼

I finally got out and shot the Trooper.   I love this wheelgun. I just might take it on a HAM hunt. I can't decide,  either the Trooper or my AR15 300blk with a 4-16 scope and pistol brace.  

• Like 1

It looks a lot better now. The first time I opened the original post I couldnt close it fast enough.