Sign in to follow this  
cactusjack

Colt Trooper rescued

I purchased a Colt Trooper/Python Pinto on here a couple of months ago.   It needed to be rescued.   I found the correct barrel on ebay, and took it to my gunsmith.  Ordered new grips.  The new grips i ordered are target grips but  I'm probably going to get combat ones.  

AFC180C4-4439-4070-BADC-8F2641011685.thumb.jpeg.67876dc738d897d9aba0a5080c852ee6.jpeg

1F94DDC6-D410-47B4-B346-10D7F8A64E85.thumb.jpeg.8dae6cc0fa7b16d4eb66b2a7ebd6398c.jpeg

$_12.jpeg

IMG951585.jpg

• Like 2

Pretty cool. I was watching that pistol. I could tell it was a python barrel but knew the action was not a python

I'm waiting to shoot it.  A part is on order, the prior gunsmith rigged the pin that keeps the yoke in place.  

Nice looking revolver and definitely worth saving. Now that she’s almost ready for the dance I think she deserves a dress tailored just for her (new holster). Leather in the picture looks like it got “massaged” with a dull knife.

Not a pro by any stretch of the imagination but I have made a few field rigs that are at least serviceable.

• Like 1

I recall seeing that one for sale. You’re saint for rescuing it and making it whole again 

Great to see the results of the reconditioning. Looks nice. Good luck with the sale. I just wanted to say hello Steve!  Hope all is well with you and the family. 🤙🏼

I finally got out and shot the Trooper.   I love this wheelgun. I just might take it on a HAM hunt. I can't decide,  either the Trooper or my AR15 300blk with a 4-16 scope and pistol brace.  

• Like 1

It looks a lot better now. The first time I opened the original post I couldnt close it fast enough.