Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil

cruisin, cruisin, cruisin on the river

had a chance yesterday to canoe and fish a little over 10 miles of the shenandoah river in virginia. had a really good time. that is truely a different kind of country out there than the desert we have here in az.

caught the big fish of the day and the biggest cat fish I have ever caught (have not done much cat fishing in my life).

post-268-1219025748.jpg

here are a couple of courtney with the pole and 'her fish' (sucker minnows we used for bait). the little one is the 'baby' and the larger one is the 'mommy'. little kids have amazing minds.

post-268-1219025760.jpg

post-268-1219025774.jpg

anyone seen a pink croc around here anywhere?

post-268-1219025790.jpg

now where did my fish go?

post-268-1219025805_thumb.jpg

for some reason - she did not like the fish she caught.

post-268-1219025828.jpg

also caught the biggest bass of the day and my biggest small mouth to date (have not done that much bass fishing in my life). yes I have the jimbo picture pose going on in this one. those small mouth bass are aggressive little fish and good fighters for their size.

post-268-1219025846.jpg

it is possible this is the only picture out there of someone doing a sudoku puzzle in a canoe on the shenandoah river. after a few hours, she decided the fishing trip was marketed as a canoeing trip to get a few other people to go. oh well, the things we do for our kids.

post-268-1219025861.jpg

Looks like a great time had by all....I think or maybe a great time for you and your daughter and a good time for the wife. Gotta love getting out with the family like that and even get to catch a few fish. Awesome.

Phil