Sign in to follow this  
syd34

Camping Trip

I want to take my boys (7,4) camping north of Snowbowl this weekend. We would like to be in the aspens / pines. I haven't been up their in years and was wondering if anyone could recommend a nice spot to camp. We will be "truck" camping so hiking in and out of a site won't work. Any directions you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

There is no camping along Snowbowl road itself. To be in the aspens, you could camp off of Hart Prairie Road FR 151 which is past the snowbowl turnoff on Hwy 180. There is some private property around Fern Mountain. The side road around Hochderfer Hill (FR151E) or up to Bismark (FR627) would be nice with aspens.

If you drive up to Lockett Meadow by the Inner Basin on the north side of the peaks, it is prettty, but you have to stay in a developed camp site.

There is no camping along Snowbowl road itself. To be in the aspens, you could camp off of Hart Prairie Road FR 151 which is past the snowbowl turnoff on Hwy 180. There is some private property around Fern Mountain. The side road around Hochderfer Hill (FR151E) or up to Bismark (FR627) would be nice with aspens.

Ditto on this! Lots of nice camping up there!

Mark

When I had my elk hunt in 7e a couple of years ago, I camped on 151E ( a road that branches off of 151) and it was very very nice. I was using the natural restroom about 50 yards outside of camp and had several mule deer feeding within 50 yards until the wind switched. Lots of very nice places to camp out. 151E connects 151 and Hart Prarie road to each other.

You will know you are in the place Casey was talking about when you find the petrified turd with the snake bones sticking out of it, A real cornback rattler!!!! :blink: :lol: ag