DonkeyMan

Unit 33 camping suggestions Muzzy hunt

Hey folks,

I am excited for my first muzzy Coues hunt next month.  Ive killed a couple of these little bastards with a rifle and am looking forward to this new challenge.  My question is, for unit 33, does anyone have any areas they'd suggest camping near that give access to both the backside of the rincons and also the area around pepper sauce?  Thanks

1 hour ago, DonkeyMan said:

Hey folks,

I am excited for my first muzzy Coues hunt next month.  Ive killed a couple of these little bastards with a rifle and am looking forward to this new challenge.  My question is, for unit 33, does anyone have any areas they'd suggest camping near that give access to both the backside of the rincons and also the area around pepper sauce?  Thanks

The Rincons are in a different unit(32)  Near pepper is good but you can keep going past it and there is good camps everywhere along the main road heading up to the top of my lemmon 

38 minutes ago, Mountain said:

The Rincons are in a different unit(32)  Near pepper is good but you can keep going past it and there is good camps everywhere along the main road heading up to the top of my lemmon 

That’s incorrect the rincons are 33.  Thank you for the feedback 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mountain said:

Rincon's are in 33, galiuro and winchesters are in 32.

• Like 1

3051D544-A7F9-4FD2-A339-6D1934B352ED.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was thinking of the galiuro mountain range and not Rincons. My mistake. Maybe I should check a map. Lol. You can get to them from redington pass I guess.

• Like 2

I was thinking of the galiuro mountain range and not Rincons. My mistake. Maybe I should check a map. Lol. You can get to them from redington pass I guess.

No problem, I appreciate the support either way

Negative on access to both. Rincons are far south, Peppersauce is far north, unless you want to drive 2-3 hours over the Catalina highway. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 6:54 PM, DonkeyMan said:

No problem, I appreciate the support either way

You aren't going to find a place to camp to hunt both areas that isn't going to create significant (1-2+ hrs) one way drives. 

9 minutes ago, bigbuckclub said:

You aren't going to find a place to camp to hunt both areas that isn't going to create significant (1-2+ hrs) one way drives. 

Good to know thank you.