PhxDT

ATV hunters running in prohibited areas

20 hours ago, Explorer said:

I fricken hate camp shitters!!!! Alot of RV guys dumping tanks out there also. I don't like even leaving my fire ring and people do what they do these days. I guess that's what happens when people move from a state with zero public land and obviously get camping lessons from watching the homeless that live around their old communist land. They treat it like a dirt lot behind walmart.

Isn't dumping the shitter out there illegal anyway? I always find the closest gas station to dump and most of the time its free

17 hours ago, oz31p said:

Your the only one talking about shooting at people.

I said warning shot. 

Still a stupid thing to do. Your are still responsible for where that bullet goes. Joke or not. I've been shot at by accident before. Miss me and my budy by inches. Now that is some serious sh*t when you here it zing by your head. no one should joke about it.

17 minutes ago, Mountain said:

Still a stupid thing to do. Your are still responsible for where that bullet goes. Joke or not. I've been shot at by accident before. Miss me and my budy by inches. Now that is some serious sh*t when you here it zing by your head. no one should joke about it.

Absolutely scary sh it .had some kids in 22 years ago shooting handguns across the road towards where I was parked scouting run .I'm on my way back to the car and hear the shots and impacts my direction .they were shooting towards the road .as stupid as it sounds I could see them and tried to wave them off but it didn't work.I shot outa my 300 win into the dead tree behind them got them back on there quads .I met them at the road .all I got was I'm going to tell my dad .my response was ill be right here tell your dad he's in deep sh it your not old enough to have the guns and your on quads no helmets and your shooting across a to road my direction. I've already called it in to the sheriff's. No dad ever shows up go figure

32 minutes ago, Mountain said:

Isn't dumping the shitter out there illegal anyway? I always find the closest gas station to dump and most of the time its free

It doesn’t matter if it’s illegal or not, it’s whatever the person feels is right.  Just look at the thread from a few months ago and see how many people wouldn’t pull over and let someone by.  It’s how our culture is now.  It’s not about right or wrong or ethical or not, it’s about freedom and what I want to do.

It's government BS of trying to control without actually doing it.  I'm fine with them wanting to close roads - but actually close them.  In AZ if private property isn't adequately marked, then you can technically cross it because there is no expectation placed on you of knowing that it's private or not. Meanwhile they expect your average idiot Joe to know where he is and what roads he can go down.  Maybe 10% of the population is capable of handling that well - and those 10% get screwed over.

Closed roads look like open roads.  Until the USFS actually closes these roads, nothing will change.  90% of the population isn't savvy enough or just don't care.

Had a side x side come through a water gap in wash onto our property during archery season. I followed the tracks for a couple hundred yards. They jumped out of the wash no fewer than a dozen times to drive all over the hills and then back into the wash. It was that evening that I saw the buck they were after. His front leg was trashed and there was no indication that anyone got out of the atv to do any walking! If anyone thinks that landowner/rancher/sportsman relations are going to get any better with this kind of behavior, not gonna happen! Things will get worse, more lands will be closed up! Can’t say I blame any lease holder that blocks access to hunters onto public lands if they have to deal with too much of that crap!

• Like 1