Sign in to follow this  
thegunsmith2506

A few more elk scouting pics

Picked up the cams today and here are a few of the pics we got. We had a few more of the big bull but I erased them by accident. I hope he made it through the archery hunt. The last pic we have of him was last weekend. Even with the rut starting it seems the bulls are still staying in the same spot. I just hope they stay till November.

MDGC0020.jpg

MDGC0021.jpg

MDGC0043.jpg

MDGC0044-1.jpg

MDGC0045-1.jpg

MDGC0067.jpg

MDGC0068-1.jpg

MDGC0069-1.jpg

SUNP0002.jpg

SUNP0003.jpg

SUNP0004.jpg

MDGC0019.jpg

What do you think that big boy goes? 360?

I figured if the right side was as good as the left he would go higer. He has great mass and really long fronts, but I can't score elk very well at all so im not sure. We really don't care what he scores, he is a great lookin old bull.

HaHa! Small world.... Just got back in town and had a call from a buddy that said a bull we call T-Rex (or Python) is posted up on CW.Com!!! :lol: And he is right! This bull is still alive... although the "smaller" (360ish) bull that we called "Jack" was killed by a local guy the day before yesterday.... and you should have pics of him in that canyon/basin as well.... 7x7 w/ double third on the right.... The little bulls you have on cam are both still alive as best I know.... and they might be back in there by Nov. But rest assured it will take nothing less than a Miricle for T-Rex to make it past the early Rifle hunt... he is now well known by too many people... We had several close incounters with T-Rex in the archery hunt but could never get inside of a 100 yds.... I do have an hour of video of Jack and T-Rex including a fight between the two as well as a 2 year old rightside shed that I gave to my buddy who has been watching this bull for the last 3 years in that area... If you know who ground checks T-Rex please let me know we all have bets on what he scores (gross) and I am saying about 380"- 385"...... and I have friends that put him at almost 390" :huh: ..... those pics do not show him off as good as the real life or video. ;) Good luck on your hunt.

I have heard that a bull called t-rex is DOWN! In fact the story is quite interesting....supposedly it is being investigated. Don't know if it is the same exact bull, anyone with details?

Ha, I was just picking up the phone to call Gino as I scrolled through those pics and saw T-Rex! Out of all the bulls in this state and here he is posted up on CWT.com.......that is cool! Great job with the scouting, hope he's not dead, but hope a CWT.com member tags him! JIM>

I have several pictures of this bull if you would like them.

I would like to see em...Please

I have heard that a bull called t-rex is DOWN! In fact the story is quite interesting....supposedly it is being investigated. Don't know if it is the same exact bull, anyone with details?

OH, Do Tell!!! :blink: When, where, how??? Send me a PM if you want. I just want to know what he grossed more than anything.....

Hey, Dogman, post up those pics you have, please..... Oh, and thanks. ;)

Believe it or not, The T-Rex bull in the white mtns you are referring to is a DIFFERENT bull than the T-Rex Gino is talking about.

The T-Rex bull from the white mtns was killed out of Scotts Reservoir on the last day of the hunt. He was wounded by some idiot a few days before and was rut crazed and wounded swimming around in the lake when some fisherman spotted him.

they called someone they knew with a tag and he came and shot him from the boat....Took 5 arrows I heard. The bull is at majestics taxidermy, about a half mile from the lake....

This is the same bull that had the HUGE shed posted last spring with the guy holding it. Everyone said it would go 400 easy,Remember???

One problem is the bull has a real small side and doesnt match the big side...Its still a nice bull...dont know what it scores...

As far as the lake and such, i imagine that whats being investigated...

This is all hearsay, Just what i heard second hand.....LOL

Ron

I think" I know" the law states that you can not pursue big game from a powered watercraft. so if that is what happened those dudes are in trouble. and why would someone want to take an elk that way. idiots.

I was trying to get some bear pics and instead got that bull. I don't know how to put pictures on here but will ask Josh. The elk was a long ways from where he was in that flat opening morning. Maybe he is back now. I would like to know what he might go also, if someone kills him. That one side is really nice. I think Josh has some video of him also?????

regards,

post-3-1223436277_thumb.jpg