Sign in to follow this  
IHunt2live

Who’s ready for some quail!!!!

I was just going through some of my pics and came across some good ones that got me all excited.

ENJOY

post-1770-1222134233_thumb.jpg

post-1770-1222134266_thumb.jpg

post-1770-1222134504_thumb.jpg

And I think most might recognizes this guy.

post-1770-1222134432_thumb.jpg

I forgot to mention.... I was at my parents house watching the outdoor channel and there was a quail hunt on. The dogs they were using had the same collars I use on my dogs. One of the dogs goes on point and the hawk screem goes off and my dogs went looking around the house for the other dog that was on point. :P I would say they are itching to ge out to but I think they will have to wait another month till the snakes hide for the winter.

Yeah, I usually don't like to go out until the weather cools down around November, I am just itching to get out somewhere, but I will have my snake boots on just in case a little stompin is called for ;)

Went out Fri and the pups found a covey of Gambels while looking for Blues.. Got 2. It was so warm though that the pups said no more after about an hr and a half. We (they) took a nice dip in a stock tank and we called it an evening.

Took the dogs out this afternoon because of the much needed cooler weather.. figured we'd chase a covey or 2 of blues or gambels. Got into 2 BIG coveys of blues late in the afternoon.. Made a TRIPLE with my O/U on the first covey (doubled on the rise and then scratched down a late flyer). Got some good dog work with a nice point and retrieve on all 3 birds. Headed back towards the truck and found another covey and made a long poke on a late jumper. Virgil brought him to hand and I saw that it was a really young bird, so I let the rest of them be. 4 was plenty!

Sorry, no camera today!! Mearns season is almost upon us!!

Right on Scottyboy. I still have yet to make it out with it still being so hot and school is killing me. No matter what I'll make it out around thanksgiving maybe for mearns on the opener and make all the deer hunters mad.

Right on Scottyboy. I still have yet to make it out with it still being so hot and school is killing me. No matter what I'll make it out around thanksgiving maybe for mearns on the opener and make all the deer hunters mad.

Long as you arent in 36b......