Sign in to follow this  
lancetkenyon

2021 Unit 44bn Sheep Hunters

Yesterday, AZGFD captured and removed 22 sheep from 44bn for relocation to 44a (in the Harcuvar Range).  So if you have a 44bn tag, be aware, 44bn is now 22 sheep less.  Not sure if/how many rams they captured.  

• Confused 1
  • Wow! 1

I have been on several sheep captures both NV and AZ.  They normally don't bother with class IV rams.

Suspect they were trying for (hopefully) pregnant ewes to add some new members to the Harcuvars.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bonecollector said:

They dont take older mature rams for transplants.

Good to know.  I was watching the captures from one mountain to another, but we were on the top of a mountain working above where they were landing to put the sheep in trailers for transport.

I wonder why they do it this time of year? My first guess is there is some biological reason, but maybe its just when they have time.

i figured it was biological, something to do with them being in rut up there. but then i come back and see this thread and think deserts rut mainly in late summer compared to rockys from what ive heard so it doesnt make sense to me now 

4 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

Nobody is shooting ewes and a few 4 yr old rams on their hunts. 

What if a guy scouted for months, then had a helicopter fly in and run everything around. I don’t think you’d be that happy about it  maybe it doesn’t effect anything 

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

So what, What if a guy scouted for months, then had a helicopter fly in and run everything around.

You have a whole month to hunt and find him. What if something else went in there ran everything off? Sheep move all the time