couesdiehard

Jan Bowhunting bucks and boars

i must be huntin' a different animal. they stink, inside and out. their meat stinks, don't matter how you take care of it. i've never ate no crap that i know of, but i'd imagine that they probly would run it a good race in the nasty taste department. oooooooooeeeeeeeeeee, javelina beez bad stuff. heck, squeezin' a musk bag out on it would probly improve it. there are these other kinda animals out there, one is called a deer and the other is called an elk. if you guys think javelina is good, you'll probly lay down and die if you ever eat any deer or elk, because it's so good that if you think javelina is delicious, you'll think deer and elk musta come straight from heaven. you javelina lovers probly turn yer noses up at good food like spam and baloney too. i ever tell ya about when i barfed whilst guttin' a javelina and it caused an epidemic o' barfin' with the guys i was with? man it was awful. folks barfin' ever which o' way. still won't nothin' grow on that ridge. i puked right on my pig. funny thing is, it was the best eatin' one o' the bunch. it's a helluva story. Lark.

Lark;

Brother deer and elk meat are sent from heaven! Coues deer being some of the best eating I've ever had. If the darn things got up to 200 pounds or more, everyone would hunt them. But I have to say that for someone who obviously knows a thing or two about good eating you apparently don't know about the javelina's top survival tool! Oh sure they are small, have great noses and are well camouflaged, but these don't compare to their best. That God-awful smell keeps more hunters from killing javelinas than all the survival tools put together. I found that if you can hold your breath long enough to skin 'em on the spot, the meat is quite good. Now if you doubt my that the smell is part of their well-evolved survival gear, just look at what it did to you and your huntin' buddies. Tough ol' cowpoke like you and all your buddies barfin'? Takes a big man to admit that!

Pretty smart game plan those javelinas have developed; another bunch of hunters that won't have the stomachs to hunt them anymore. Thank God coues haven't figured out this tactic yet!

couesdiehard

Holy heck Lark, you're going to get me fired!!! "Does proper field care include chunkin' em off a cliff"..... LOL!!! And then the barf-o-rama!!! Too much! :)

You're killing me man! :)

S.

:)

It's good to have Lark back. That chunkin'em off a cliff " bit had me laughing for hours :)

Heading down to 36 Sunday and Monday to see whats moving. I'll let you know whats up anybody heading down.

GN

I just realized I have MLK day off so I will go out for pigs in unit 22 on monday. I haven't done any scouting for pigs so I will probably just to to a spot I have seen pigs in the past and glass all day long. I just hope I don't see a toad now that my 2005 deer tag is used up.<_<

PackHorse. A or B I was thinking Sunday in A around the Cerro's near Batamore. Then hitting the south end of Ruby Roady Monday morning. Where you heading maybe we'll cross paths. I'm kinda pissed at a Coues Buck in A that toyed with me during the rifle hunt. i was also considering the option of taking one of those mindless 4x Mules in the area if the Coues plays me up Batamore again.

Heading down to Wilcox this weekend our tags are good for 27-32. Planning to hunt a couple of areas my buddy's cousin has seen deer and javelina. Probably our only chance to hunt this season. Hope we're lucky.

Mike

i have been out archery hunting 2 times, and 2 times i have been the spotter on a stalk. i went out with albert aka couesstalker deer/pig hunting and put him on some pigs and yesterday,(friday) took my old man out and put him on a 93" or so.nice buck, heavy and wide. once we spotted this buck, with about 8-10 does around him, we saw him chase a fork off and we went after him. when we got within about 500 yards, i found him in the docters and my dad went after him. he was bedded about 5 yards above a big prickly pear. after close to a hour, he got up and moved not but maybe 7 yards, this cost my dad confusion and didnt know where he was and we of course didnt bring the radios. i had the buck in my binos and see dad walking up to him.he wasnt but 20 yards from him when my dad stepped out behind a octillo. a doe that my dad didnt know was there saw him and busted him. he never saw them leave even though they were 20 yards away and never knew where the buck was. if we had the radios i know we would have a nice buck at the taxidermist's. we had golden oppurtunity and because of no radios couldnt capitalize.

sczoner;

You are probably already gone but Good Luck to you and the rest of the crew! Let us know how it went.

firstcoueswas80,

at least you've been out and seeing some action. I haven't been out since New Year's weekend. I have made numerous stalks on Coues and Mulies, always without a spotter. They have always given me the slip or busted me. There are just so many more things that can go wrong when you have to get within 50 yards.

But I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I am heading down to 36 in the morning. I'll let you know how it goes.

Lee

Hi Couesdiehard

We went to Wilcox Saturday morning. We hunted around Wilcox then went to Kansas Settlement on Sunday. We saw lots of sign but didn't didn't get a javalina. We saw a lot of mule deer but no bucks. Sczoner and Dad didn't see any javalina either :P

Talk to you later.

Kenny

If I am not mistaken, the azgfd has something on there site saying its a difficult year for javaleners... :D

I was down in 36 this past weekend, and we had a great time. I was mainly scouting for my boy's Youth hunt in a couple of weeks, but two of my friends got out and chased a couple of coues with their bows. No deer killed, but they got into some action.... The kids had a great time!

We didn't locate any javelina, but came across some sign. A spot or two looks promising for my son's hunt! :D

S.

:(

Well,

No pre-season scouting and less than 24 hours of hunting equals no bucks and no boars.

Saw lots of pig sign Sun morning, but wind was wrong so we drove way around to come in with favorable wind and mother nature played with us and switched the wind direction.

Saw a herd of 25+ mulies Sat afternoon. All of the animals we could verify were does and it was getting towards dark so we decided to forego the stalk. Would've been a couple of mile hike just to find out if there were any bucks.

Bar T almost had a stalk on a forked horn Sunday, but they busted him and took off.

The last two seasons have basically been getting familiar with areas for Coues, Elk, Mulies and Jaelina's so next year should be good for my hunting party if we don't get a wild hair and put in for new areas.

Mike