bigmuleyfan

Wtb walk in cooler

Long shot I know.

Any chance anyone has a walk-in they’d consider selling?

I have several head of beef I’m wanting to butcher and figure this may be the best route to go.

• Like 1

I was in your shoes a few months ago… started butchering goats, wanted more space for game and game meat processing. Looked on craigslist, offerup, etc for used commercial equipment.

I ended up building my walk-in a few months ago, and it only took about 2 weeks....  Highly recommend building one as you can tailor it to your needs.  I just got an email today from CoolBot that they want to feature my cooler in their blog.  Wasn't expecting that lol.

Mine will get down to 34 deg in less than 5 minutes.  Can control temp on smartphone... connects to home wifi and will give you alarm notification on your phone if there is a temp swing outside your set range.

Cooler1.jpeg

Cooler2.jpeg

Cooler3.jpeg

Cooler4.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

I was in your shoes a few months ago… started butchering goats, wanted more space for game and game meat processing. Looked on craigslist, offerup, etc for used commercial equipment.

I ended up building my walk-in a few months ago, and it only took about 2 weeks....  Highly recommend building one as you can tailor it to your needs.  I just got an email today from CoolBot that they want to feature my cooler in their blog.  Wasn't expecting that lol.

Mine will get down to 34 deg in less than 5 minutes.  Can control temp on smartphone... connects to home wifi and will give you alarm notification on your phone if there is a temp swing outside your set range.

Cooler1.jpeg

Cooler2.jpeg

Cooler3.jpeg

Cooler4.jpeg

You don’t happen to have a materials list, dimensions, or plans, or anything you could send me? I’ve been wanting to do this for awhile but I guess I’m just more intimidated than anything to do it and end up doing it wrong. As I don’t have lots of construction type experience.

54 minutes ago, Azooutdoors said:

If you want to build one cheap I'll tell you how. Mine has been running full time for over ten years. You can build one for $1,000 to $1,500 easy with everything. 
9E367B3F-38DD-4824-BAB5-3E7BAE28007F.thumb.jpeg.8d694f75572ddf1f82ae2c3a35bb834b.jpeg

Any suggestions are appreciated. I know a coolbot and cooler will run around $1000. Any build ideas appreciated. 

Dont be intimidated. Go for it. I can put something together for you but actually if you go to coolbot’s website you can print out detailed build sheets. 

https://www.storeitcold.com/

https://storeitcold.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/DIY-8x8-Cooler-2020-02A-1.pdf

https://youtu.be/TEqJJhGzMxs

I used their plans for a base but made lots of my own changes and designs on mine  Mine is a 6’x6’ due to the limited space available in my garage  

I will add some photos of the framing and build for reference.

The only reason I put different wood above the door was I ran out of the brown sheathing and I didn't want to buy another sheet.  When I put the wood on it looked funny, so my daughter painted "The Cooler" on it haha.

I've been wanting to do this for years, now I'm getting very interested. Sheep, cattle, pigs, and now a deer. 

Maybe one stationary, and one on a trailer. Hmmm. Just thinking.

I'm in the Spray Foam business so that's what I used. I then put 1" rigid board on top the studs to stop thermal bridging. I then covered the inside with FRP panels. I used a Fujitsu 12,000 BTU,  20 Seer 220 volt unit as I didn't have an exterior wall to use a window unit. I monitored it for 2 years and according to APS it was costing between $5 and $7 per month to operate. I bought stainless steel and used a friends metal break to fashion the exterior. My total cash outlay was less then $2,000 but that was 10 years ago. The door was the most difficult to build. It's 6" thick filled with foam and has a magnetic seal. Sorry for the sideways picture  8FCFAC9E-52B6-4A54-B911-693D943E3943.thumb.jpeg.63d96ebffeb22a60012cdd8f2e794620.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 2:07 PM, Curtis Reed said:

Cooler1.jpeg

Cooler2.jpeg

Cooler3.jpeg

Cooler4.jpeg

I want this just to hangout in.