Sign in to follow this  
Snapshot

Holy moly......Shed Collection

I just spent an hour down at Antlerdog's (Jim) place, I live right down the street. Man, I have never seen such an awesome and astounding collection of Coues mounts and sheds in my entire life. It was truly incredible.

Jim, you da man!

I know what you mean! I was in awe down there. It's an amazing collection! I keep hoping someday Jim will offer to host a CW.com get together at his place so all these antler fanatics can appreciate his collection!

Brent, you gonna be able to sleep at night now that you know what is down the street!!! hehehehe :lol: :lol:

Amanda

I know what you mean! I was in awe down there. It's an amazing collection! I keep hoping someday Jim will offer to host a CW.com get together at his place so all these antler fanatics can appreciate his collection!

Brent, you gonna be able to sleep at night now that you know what is down the street!!! hehehehe :lol: :lol:

Amanda

Seeing all those nice racks makes me really want to get into those unit 27 canyons, 20 days and counting :) There are some good ones up there, but the warm weather will make it tougher, but I can't wait. Its a big'in or nothing for me.

Like you said, we will have to talk Jim into having the party down there next year.

What I really enjoy with antler collectors is when they have years and years of sheds from the same buck. That's just way cool to me. So when I visited Jim a couple years ago, he graciously laid out several sets of sheds that show the years of growth on some bucks. here are a few pics.

post-1-1223151287.jpg

same set as above, diff view:

post-1-1223151278.jpg

post-1-1223151302_thumb.jpg

post-1-1223151317.jpg

post-1-1223151332_thumb.jpg

That is some pretty cool stuff. Amazing how many sets he has of the same deer. I love that stuff too.... well... who doesnt???? But it is cool to see how the biggest sets are in prime years of the deers life and begin to regress. Age is so important to see a bucks full potential. Nice.

I spent a couple hours at Jims house.. It is depressing... All of these GIANT bucks, (most of them killed in AZ) adorn one wall of his house! Bucks that would make the normal coues hunter's mouth drop... Good lord are there some impressive deer!

I would like to meet him. That is an awesome picture. He has got to be dedicated to the shed huntin. :)

TJ

if those pics are any indication of his collection then that is awesome!!

YOU have absolutely no idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the sheds aren't even the tip of the iceburg

COME ON JIM LETS SEE EM! CALLIN YOU OUT BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if those pics are any indication of his collection then that is awesome!!

YOU have absolutely no idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the sheds aren't even the tip of the iceburg

COME ON JIM LETS SEE EM! CALLIN YOU OUT BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. The sheds are nice and all, but the bucks he has killed are 100 times more impressive!

I agree....Without seeing them, I don't think anyone can fathom the quality and number of monster coues he has......it's definitely one of top coues collections in the world! Maybe he will post some more pics......

Amanda

I spent a couple hours at Jims house.. It is depressing... All of these GIANT bucks, (most of them killed in AZ) adorn one wall of his house! Bucks that would make the normal coues hunter's mouth drop... Good lord are there some impressive deer!

DEPRESSING????????? R u going activist on us or what man LOL!

DEPRESSING????????? R u going activist on us or what man LOL!

First off I want to say it was a pleasure to meet my neighbor Snapshot! It is nice to know the other hunters in your area.

I've been collecting shed antlers since I was old enough to follow my dad around the mountains. Hunting Coues deer has been my lifes fetish! I have harvested more trophy class coues than my share, but that doesn't mean That I am going to stop!

Amanda, I would love to have a CW.com get together here at the house next year. That would be a good time.

Cory, I'll see what I can do about getting some photos posted. Nothing like being CALLED OUT! :lol:

Jim