Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Motor oil question

4 hours ago, Vowell said:

Can I high Jack your thread with a question on my oil? 2015 dodge Cummins and I use full Synthetic Canadian Petro oil and only put 2k miles on it since last summer. How often should it be change if I’m not hitting the miles?

also my buddy has the 2019 power wagon and says he uses mobile1 0-40 with 80k with no issues. He did a oil sample and everything looks good. 

Twice a year when used low miles, it’s the contamination of the diesel fuel mixing with the oil that is hard on one when used low mileage 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PRDATR said:

So do most people. Been doing it myself for 51 years. I have no problem with having a shop do it. I just check it afterward.

No kidding. Within the last month the guy across the streets oil filter was aboutbto completely come off when he got home. Made a mess. Couple days later ran into a guy at auto zone that went through the same thing. 

3 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

I do my own the jeep gets mobil 1 synthetic and the 2018 ram diesel gets 15 qts of amsoil and I'm running a amsoil bypass filter on the truck.Wal-Mart for the mobil 1

I think I did my last change in about August or September. Walmart didn't have any at all and not all of them carry the Turbo Diesel 5W-40. I ended up going to Auto Zone across the street but they only had three gallons. My truck takes 15 quarts. When they rang it up they also printed out a rebate.

I went to another one and got the other gallon and the rebate ended up being $60 total. Pretty happy with that.

• Like 1

The fun continues. Couldn't get the drain plug out. Torque is supposed to be 20. I broke a wrench trying to loosen it. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow! 1