standman

A First For Me

Well, a first happened for me tonight. I got my first archery fox. I've taken a lot of predators but never with a bow. He came in at the 8 minute mark and I shot him at 7 yards. He only went 30 yards and piled up. I consider this one of my biggest accomplishments and excited would be an understatement. Now I just need to get a coyote and a bobcat to go with him. :P

Picture007.jpg

very nice

are u gonna get it mounted?

I thought about it, but decided not to. I think if I can get one when the fur is more prime then I may get it mounted. This one I will just tan myself.

Way cool...My fiance has alway wanted a fox and bobcat.

Thanks for sharing the picture.

Nice looking fox. Congrats. I shot my first with a bow 2 years ago and could have shot the second one that was with it but felt so bad afterwards I just couldn't bring myself to do it. They are to pretty an animal for me to shoot another. Thanks for sharing with us. Nothing wrong with shooting them but not for me. :)

TJ

One of my fondest memories was seeing my dad pinwheel a fox at 30 yards while in unit 8 when I was 10 years old. That thing jumped 2-3 feet straight in the air and then was out cold. I knew I wanted one then. Of course he played it off like that happens all the time, but years later, I've never seen another fox, and was starting to wonder if they were possible with a bow. Great shot, and congrats.