Sign in to follow this  
218buck

Polaris extended warranty and service plan

6 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

While I agree with not buying warranties on new vehicles, I always buy warrantes on tires. Thank God I did for my truck. I got a bad batch of tires and replaced three of the four with the warranty. At $26 a pop compared to about 10 times that if I wouldn't have bought the warranty

Have to agree. Truck tires are expensive now! Had to replace mine on an antelope hunt one year when it developed a large bubble on the sidewall. Tires had less the 250 miles on them. Drove into Discount and got a new one for $26. 

Total price for all 4 warranties is still less than one brand new truck tire, so I’m ok with that. 

To the OP. I have been running Polaris products since my first 97 Sportsman.  I have not had any major repairs, on the quads or SXS's I've had.  I am on Ranger number four, and also have a General 4.  I use my stuff pretty hard too.  I had a rear axle seal replaced on a Ranger, that was the only trip to the dealership on any of them. I've broke some stuff on them, but a warranty wont cover the wear and tear of using a hunting machine.  Save the money, the warranties are over priced, and a money maker for the dealers.  Maintenance goes a long way with them, they are dependable machines.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

While I agree with not buying warranties on new vehicles, I always buy warrantes on tires. Thank God I did for my truck. I got a bad batch of tires and replaced three of the four with the warranty. At $26 a pop compared to about 10 times that if I wouldn't have bought the warranty

With all the sets of tires I have bought without the warranty,  if I blow 3 tires tomorrow (knock on wood!)  I would still have saved money from buying the warranty every set.  Plus they prorate them if they are good tires so you don't pay full price for those tires.  It's worked out for me, but to each their own!

My General is the 4th Polaris machine I’ve owned since the late 90s. No major component failures. Besides regular maintenance, I’ve replaced half a dozen or so cv boots. Personally I would never purchase the extended warranty 

Don’t buy warranties. Buy the factory or Clymer service manual and if a part breaks, fix it.  If you can’t fix it, bring it to a small, private repairman.  Stay away from the dealership.  There is a reason they push those plans… big $$$$$ for them. 

Most repairs are just parts swapping.  Remove bad part and replace with new part.