Sign in to follow this  
Buckhunter

Antelope and mule deer combo hunt, WY

Well finally got some time to post my pics from the best out of state hunt I've ever been on. My dad met a guy in Canada on a hunt. They quickly became buddies. 4 years later he calls him and tells us to put in for the draw and come on up to Lander, WY. Wow, When we got into town a freak snow storm that dumped 30 inches of snow in 2 days. I thought I would never hunt Antelope in 2 1/2 feet of snow. My hunt didn't last but one day. After looking at over 400 goats. I missed the first one, then left and found another herd of about 150. I climbed up on a hill looking down. 335 yards. I got my moneys worth. After running out of ammo, I reloaded and dropped him in his tracks. 16'' and 14'1/4. What a goat. There were several 15-16 inch bucks. A few days later my dad and I shot to giant bodied deer. They both fell to my Rem 300. SAUM at 250 yards. Both bucks fell within 2 feet of each other. What a hunt of a life time. My goat was shot with a Kimber Montana in 7mm-08. Hope we get inveted next year.

post-2044-1224726192.jpg

post-2044-1224726439.jpg

post-2044-1224726475.jpg

post-2044-1224726507.jpg

post-2044-1224726539.jpg

Looks like a great hunt!

Great job, couple of good looking bucks, pretty cool with the loper in the snow.

CONGRATULATIONS! Nice deer and that is an awesome picture of the 'lope in the snow!

Nice job on both! My brother inlaw and I are going to head up there next year for some goat action!