Sign in to follow this  
YOUNGGUNZ

Opening Day Buck

My dad shot this buck at 140 yards on Friday. We glassed him up @ 0700 and finally shot the buck @ 0830. It seems as though this passion of mine has come full circle, my dad was the one to introduce it me more than 25 years ago, teaching and coaching the ins and outs, rights and wrongs and now he is turning to my brother and I along with my friends to show him the "new fangled way". The only way that this could have been a better weekend is if my brother could have made the hunt. Thanks to Christian for helping out with this buck, this will be a hunt that my Dad and I won't soon forget.

post-1809-1225135808_thumb.jpg

post-1809-1225135859_thumb.jpg

post-1809-1225135903_thumb.jpg

Heard about this deer almost as it hit the dirt and all i can say is WOW! Sounds like a great hunt with an even better result. Congratulations on such a successful hunt

Carl thank you for letting me be a part of the hunt and big congrats to your dad again on a great buck!

Our pleasure Christian. My dad and I really enjoyed and your stories on the hunt with us. As I said before, any time any place.

Tell Lieutenant Young "good job" for me.

Will do. And yes Cory it was pretty Phenominal.

Carl,

Must have been good to share a time on a hunt with your Dad. Congrats to him on his buck. Were you at the family campsite?

Doug~RR

Carl,

Must have been good to share a time on a hunt with your Dad. Congrats to him on his buck. Were you at the family campsite?

Doug~RR

Thanks Doug, it was great time, it had been quite a few years since we have been able to put it all toghether like that. My dads hunt was actually in a different unit this year. If you look at the post from my cousin "Hooptie" titled "Great Opening Weekend" in the Other big game forum. Those were at the family campsite.

Congrats to your Dad and way to go Christian. :)

TJ