Sign in to follow this  
Heat

Leupold Props!

Just want to give Leupold some credit where credit is due. Let a buddy who is a new hunter borrow my .270 for his first deer hunt. Took a bad spill and dropped my gun. Scope and stock got the worst of it. Called Leupold to see what we could do. No questions asked they put the parts I needed to fix the dented eyepiece in the mail. Received them yesterday and the eyepiece is back to normal. Service like that is becoming more rare and they still make their scopes right here in the USA! Bravo Leupold! I will always consider them when looking at optics!

• Like 10

I shipped out a pair of leupold binos 2 weeks ago. They said to expect a new pair in 2-3 weeks because the repair shop was under construction. I sent my Swarovskis in the same day. A week later they tell me its going to cost $200 to fix them and it will be 4 weeks. 

• Like 2

I thought Swaros were a lifetime warranty... bummer!

Leupold is great on warranty.I had the same experience as mentioned sent my binos in and they couldn't fix them .I had a new upgraded pair 2 weeks later.Browning is about the worst I've dealt with .They had one of my shotguns for 8 months for stock replacement due to the dura touch finish going bad and the whole gun got sticky like you stuck your finger in half dry glue.Sent in a gun with beautiful looking wood stock and got back a carbon fiber look as they don't do the wood finish anymore.

0414221338a.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazymonkey said:

Leupold is great on warranty.I had the same experience as mentioned sent my binos in and they couldn't fix them .I had a new upgraded pair 2 weeks later.Browning is about the worst I've dealt with .They had one of my shotguns for 8 months for stock replacement due to the dura touch finish going bad and the whole gun got sticky like you stuck your finger in half dry glue.Sent in a gun with beautiful looking wood stock and got back a carbon fiber look as they don't do the wood finish anymore.

0414221338a.jpg

I would have asked for the wood one back so I could do it myself.

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

I would have asked for the wood one back so I could do it myself.

I guess the original stocks were composite and dipped to look like wood.They no longer do that .I might still have the stocks dipped back to a wood look.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

I guess the original stocks were composite and dipped to look like wood.They no longer do that .I might still have the stocks dipped back to a wood look.

I purchased a BAR in 300WM around 1989 and it had a shiny gloss finish so I stripped it and found out it was a died polyurethane. The walnut finish was then gone so I stained the stock with Minwax in Walnut and then did three coats of Tung oil to get the finish I was after. This was just before the composite stock craze took off. I also had it parkerized.

• Like 1

Leupold helped me out with a redfield revolution scope on one of my rifles. My buddy dropped it too and dented the end of the scope at the objective lens. I sent it in and they repaired it no charge. That scope is now on a rifle I just put together for my son. 

• Like 3

On 7/27/2022 at 11:23 AM, thegunsmith2506 said:

I shipped out a pair of leupold binos 2 weeks ago. They said to expect a new pair in 2-3 weeks because the repair shop was under construction. I sent my Swarovskis in the same day. A week later they tell me its going to cost $200 to fix them and it will be 4 weeks. 

Well it’s worth the 200$ and the wait lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EarlyBronco said:

Well it’s worth the 200$ and the wait lol

Right. 

Makes me wonder what needed do be fixed? I've send a few pairs in and was never charged but that was just to have them gone through.

On 7/30/2022 at 2:32 PM, PRDATR said:

Right. 

Makes me wonder what needed do be fixed? I've send a few pairs in and was never charged but that was just to have them gone through.

They said the left housing was bent. I have owned them for 8 years and to my knowledge they haven't been dropped or abused. It probably happened before I bought them. The reason I sent them in was because the focus knob stopped working. The focus they are fixing for free but they said the housing was abuse so they are charging for that. Can't argue with that. When I bought them the tripod adapter I got with them was bent a little bit so I assume at some point they were dropped. 

18 minutes ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

They said the left housing was bent. I have owned them for 8 years and to my knowledge they haven't been dropped or abused. It probably happened before I bought them. The reason I sent them in was because the focus knob stopped working. The focus they are fixing for free but they said the housing was abuse so they are charging for that. Can't argue with that. When I bought them the tripod adapter I got with them was bent a little bit so I assume at some point they were dropped. 

Wait until they tell you that 3 years in a row and you know it didn't happen ...

Leupold has been good to work with the times I’ve needed them.  Same for vortex. The problem I have with all the “no questions asked” warranty company’s is getting their products to last.  When I was in college I worked for scheels selling hunting and fishing gear.  We had the same warranty on our fishing rods.  People gobbled them up.  The high end ones were $199 and our cost on them was around $35.  We could give away 5 of them and still make a profit.  The same $200 G Loomis rod cost was well over $100.  The g Loomis was a better rod but we sold far more scheels branded rods for the warranty.  I’ve owned around a dozen leupold products and had unsolicited problems with 3 or 4.  Only owned two vortex products and had trouble with one of the two.  I’ve owned a ton of swaro stuff and only had to send them in twice.  Both times I dropped them and broke the lenses.  They charged me a fee to fix it and I was happy as a clam.  Never had an unsolicited problem with them though. 

4 hours ago, yotebuster said:

Leupold has been good to work with the times I’ve needed them.  Same for vortex. The problem I have with all the “no questions asked” warranty company’s is getting their products to last.  When I was in college I worked for scheels selling hunting and fishing gear.  We had the same warranty on our fishing rods.  People gobbled them up.  The high end ones were $199 and our cost on them was around $35.  We could give away 5 of them and still make a profit.  The same $200 G Loomis rod cost was well over $100.  The g Loomis was a better rod but we sold far more scheels branded rods for the warranty.  I’ve owned around a dozen leupold products and had unsolicited problems with 3 or 4.  Only owned two vortex products and had trouble with one of the two.  I’ve owned a ton of swaro stuff and only had to send them in twice.  Both times I dropped them and broke the lenses.  They charged me a fee to fix it and I was happy as a clam.  Never had an unsolicited problem with them though. 

I am not complaining. They are replacing a few other things free of charge and said if they break anything while taking them apart they will cover that too.

• Like 1