kcw

35A success

Had a fun hunt this last week got home last night. My buddy got his friday morning after another hunter ran it directly at him for over a mile. Sitting on a hill and glassing pays off. I got mine tuesday morning, 4th year in row for coues, settled on a small guy this year. My buddy's scored 87" and had some nice mass.

post-2271-1225390679_thumb.jpg

post-2271-1225390758_thumb.jpg

post-2271-1225390797_thumb.jpg

Great job! How was it glassing in that freakin' tall grass? I'll be down there a bunch here in a few days and I'm not looking forward to playing in the grass, last time I was down there it was up to 5 feet tall in some areas!!! Congrats to you both! JIM>

The grass is unbeliveable this year made glassing difficult.It was so hot I kept expecting to run into a big coontail rattler at any moment, very few places you could even see the ground.

Congratulations on your bucks. Isn't it great to be hunting and not working? Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Had a fun hunt this last week got home last night. My buddy got his friday morning after another hunter ran it directly at him for over a mile. Sitting on a hill and glassing pays off. I got mine tuesday morning, 4th year in row for coues, settled on a small guy this year. My buddy's scored 87" and had some nice mass.

you would have probably got a bigger buck if you would have taken your poor puppy along on the hunt. poor thing!

Nice Buck - Congrats!

I was down it 35A this weekend too. Just got lucky enough to glass up 2 doe and spooked 3 bucks.

It was a great time for a new guy. Definitely putting in for next year.