Sign in to follow this  
Bucks&bulls

Starting over, kind of…

Moved to Arizona in 1982 from Iowa and fell in love with this great State! I have hunted, fished and explored as much as time allowed and still didn’t put a dent in what Arizona has to offer those who enjoy the outdoors.

My wife and I will be moving back to Iowa soon and while I am excited to be close to family, a huge chunk of my heart will remain here.

I have conversed with some of you through this forum and met or bought/sold items with others. All great people in my book.

Thanks to all for contributing to this site and everything we do as hunters and angler’s to keep Arizona such a great place to enjoy the outdoors. 

Jim

• Like 16

Kind words and So true Jim! AZ is a great state, lots of quality people here. Good luck with the next chapter. Travel Safe Our Friend!

P.S. I you haven't already might consider a lifetime AZ Hunt and fish license before you head out. 

57 minutes ago, AZ_SAWBUCK said:

P.S. I you haven't already might consider a lifetime AZ Hunt and fish license before you head out. 

+1 on this…it will keep you in the resident pool if you decide to put in for tags too. 

And be sure to come back and visit CWT periodically too…show off some Iowa whitetails!

16 minutes ago, bigorange said:

+1 on this…it will keep you in the resident pool if you decide to put in for tags too. 

And be sure to come back and visit CWT periodically too…show off some Iowa whitetails!

Are you sure that’s legal? 

40 years here!? Wow, I'm sure you have made a dent in that time.

Good luck back in Iowa.

Jeff

12 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Just snow bird it. All 3 of my neighbors here in the hood are snow birds. I got 100 acres to myself for half the year.

Can I have written permission to hunt your property within 440 yards? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

You’d have to get written permission from the 3 neighbors too…in case those houses “might” be occupied. 

19 hours ago, bigorange said:

And be sure to come back and visit CWT periodically too…show off some 

Edited by Bucks&bulls
Sent too soon…I was told that I would be applying as a non resident if not residing in Arizona. The benefit is that you are not paying for a nonresident license every year that you apply?

15 hours ago, cohntr6 said:

40 years here!? Wow, I'm sure you have made a dent in that time.

Good luck back in Iowa.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!

3 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Kev, I will only be sitting on 2-1/4 acres but if you bow hunt I could hook you up! I know a bunch of people there so I should be able to get you access to good ground…

56 minutes ago, Bucks&bulls said:

See the other thread trphyhntr started. If you buy the lifetime license you would apply as a non-resident, but get counted in the resident pool for draw odds and %. You still pay NR tag fees but have resident draw odds. Just something to consider. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigorange said:

You’d have to get written permission from the 3 neighbors too…in case those houses “might” be occupied. 

Yeah but they won't be there wink wink

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Bucks&bulls said:

Kev, I will only be sitting on 2-1/4 acres but if you bow hunt I could hook you up! I know a bunch of people there so I should be able to get you access to good ground…

Haha that's nice of you man.  Killed in January but I might hit you up. I wanna find some more muley spots.

Side question, So just to make sure it's still one Buck per calender year regardless of the new quotas right? Pretty sure that's the case I just don't remember.

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

Haha that's nice of you man.  Killed in January but I might hit you up. I wanna find some more muley spots.

Side question, So just to make sure it's still one Buck per calender year regardless of the new quotas right? Pretty sure that's the case I just don't remember.

Yes

• Thanks 1