I have been discussing with my buddies the dove possession limits and what it actually means, here are the two arguments:

1. 45 is all you can shoot for the year

2. You can shoot up to 15 a day until you reach 45, then you can have a BBQ with the family and eat 30 of them and then go back out and get you 30 more as long as it isn't over 15 per day.

What is everyone elses thoughts on this?

Thats what i keep telling them, if they want to be done, thats just more birds for me.

• Haha 2

If the possesion is 45 than thats all you can have in the freezer, per license holder. Same for fish. It's not really that complicated unless you want it to be.

• Like 3

It is more complicated than it seems at first glance.  Rinella addressed it on his podcast.  What if said birds are ground with pork and made into salami?  What if it's processed with salt pork into Italian sausage?   

Rinella points out that Alaska regs don't count processed fish (filleted and frozen) against your possession limit.  And Minnesota regs overlook geese made into summer sausage.  I think it's a great question and one worth getting to the bottom of.  State laws vary and LEO's interpret those laws differently.

16 minutes ago, savagman said:

It is more complicated than it seems at first glance.  Rinella addressed it on his podcast.  What if said birds are ground with pork and made into salami?  What if it's processed with salt pork into Italian sausage?   

Rinella points out that Alaska regs don't count processed fish (filleted and frozen) against your possession limit.  And Minnesota regs overlook geese made into summer sausage.  I think it's a great question and one worth getting to the bottom of.  State laws vary and LEO's interpret those laws differently.

This isn’t Alaska Or Minnesota and rinella isnt LEO. Doesn’t seem very complicated

70D1E8DF-D6DB-4981-AA77-8377EC40F88D.jpeg

7 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

This isn’t Alaska Or Minnesota and rinella isnt LEO. Doesn’t seem very complicated

70D1E8DF-D6DB-4981-AA77-8377EC40F88D.jpeg

Once they are breasted in the freezer its going to be hard to tell whats what.