Sign in to follow this  
wildcat

Dad's Nov Coues

Hey all I've been lurking on this sight for a while so I thought I would share my November hunt with you. My uncle, dad, cousin and I all got drawn for unit 32. We ended up only hunting friday and monday so it wasn't much but it was a lot of fun. Friday morning started off well with bucks all over the place and all day long. At about 3pm my dad and I came over top of a ridge and were waiting for my uncle and cousin. While waiting, this buck was coming down the hill and my dad shot it. We ended up leaving it in a tree over night as we only made it part way down the mountain before dark and were still over a mile from the truck by the time it got dark. Monday didn't produce bucks like friday, we ended up only finding a small fork. I did get to see mountain lion however. We heard deer snorting nonstop down in a canyon and when I put my glasses on them they were looking back. I scanned over to see a mountain lion under a tree about 30 yards away. It looked like he was trying to make his move but got busted. Unfortunately none of us had a lion tag but it was a neat experience. I didn't tag out but it was still lots of fun.

pops and I

CIMG0668.jpg

little cousin

CIMG0670.jpg

view from where the buck lay

CIMG0674.jpg

CIMG0700.jpg

Thats great your dad got one. Maybe next year will be your year. Congrats.

Definitely looks like you guys worked hard to get him! Congrats to your dad! We found 3 lions total this past week, there's definitely a few out there! JIM>

Nice job Tanner! Hey, that attachment came in, give me a call so we can hook up....

Sweet!

So who carried the deer off the mountain? The reason I ask is that I have been keeping track, my son owes me 2 deer and 1 javillina!! Can't wait for him to get older to be my pack mule.

Redman

Sweet!

So who carried the deer off the mountain? The reason I ask is that I have been keeping track, my son owes me 2 deer and 1 javillina!! Can't wait for him to get older to be my pack mule.

Redman

Yep i'm at that age where I'm gonna be used as pack mule. Getting this deer off the mountain was a combined effort though between my dad, uncle and I. The hardest part was when I wasn't even carrying the deer! It was when I had my huge pack and two rifles to carry down that mountain. At the end of the day I think each of us fell about ten times.

Sweet!

Redman

Yep i'm at that age where I'm gonna be used as pack mule. Getting this deer off the mountain was a combined effort though between my dad, uncle and I. The hardest part was when I wasn't even carrying the deer! It was when I had my huge pack and two rifles to carry down that mountain. At the end of the day I think each of us fell about ten times.

Success hardly ever comes easy, sometime carry the deer is easier than all the other crap.

Take every day in with you family and live in the now! \

Redman