Sign in to follow this  
rugerman

Nursing???

I have seen fawns trying to nurse through January. I believe they try up until mama runs them off. On the Oct. hunt I watched twin fawns nurse off their mom. She didnt look happy!.... :lol:

although the mother will start to push the fawns away, its usually the bucks that run the fawns off in the rut, in an attempt to isolate the doe when she comes into heat, kind of natures way of weaning the fawns off I guess. A zoology degree and having raised whitetails since I was a kid has filled my head with tons of useless information on the behavior of whitetails I guess!

Okay a high school diploma ( I think thats what I got ) says its a doe and buck. At least that is what I learned in high school. B)

Okay a high school diploma ( I think thats what I got ) says its a doe and buck. At least that is what I learned in high school. B)

Guess there's not much to do in Globe, huh?

You nailed it right on the head :lol: :lol:

We have no movie theater we have no bowling alley heck all we got is make out hill and some other really good areas. Heck an officer actually knocked on the window while well you know the rest. :lol: :lol:

I think its already been said enough, but I have seen fawns nursing as late as December.

Something interesting I have to add is the spotted fawn I saw right around the end of last December. It was a mule deer fawn that was beded up, even though I had pushed the biggest part of the heard on up the ridge. I was wondering if he was a really late drop or just a really early drop. The mule deer where actively rutting since there were about 15 does with a decent four point and a little spike trying to pick up on the left overs.

Guess there's not much to do in Globe, huh?

You nailed it right on the head :lol: :lol:

We have no movie theater we have no bowling alley heck all we got is make out hill and some other really good areas. Heck an officer actually knocked on the window while well you know the rest. :lol: :lol:

With make out hill and other really good areas who the heck needs a movie theater or a bowling alley ?????