Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Rivers are Running!! Fill them lakes up

Right on, NOTAGS. The surface temps surely weren't in a favoring direction.

Also, the one guide I keep in touch with up there said the trout stabilized quickly after the floods this year and somewhat shrugged off my same question to him. 

Unfortunately, I think the Instagram of Horseshoe Bend the last decade put the backhaul on too manys radar for years to come.

7 hours ago, CouesPursuit said:

That last night my camp ate coues and lion fillet, my last sheep brats and walleye. Wish I had a picture for the dinner thread. 

Screenshot_20230628_111024_Gallery.jpg

I wish you had some pics as well. Sounds like the ultimate wild game dinner.

Looked online yesterday, river temps are averaging 60. Significantly lower than last year at this time.  Fill baby, fill!

7 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

Looked online yesterday, river temps are averaging 60. Significantly lower than last year at this time.  Fill baby, fill!

WAY back in the mid-80s, my dad took us on a float trip through the Grand Canyon.  Was awesome because our outfitter used relatively small boats (I think 17 footers), as opposed to those monstrous motorized pontoon things....  I remember the experience being about 95% chill floating the days away, with the occasional WILD ride through the various rapids on those little boats!    Anyway, I distinctly remember that all beer/soda was kept in gunny sacks over the side of the boats to stay nice and cold.  Water was a steady 46 degrees (I think it warmed a degree or two below the confluence of the Little Colorado.).  Crazy that the river temp is so high now.

Great to see the lake continue to rise.