Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Rivers are Running!! Fill them lakes up

4 minutes ago, bigorange said:

I think he was asking for the source of the 33%…which trphyhntr provided. 

Ya, duh….  I figured that out when I saw trphy’s post.  🙄😭

On 3/24/2023 at 9:53 PM, My Rights As An American said:

Here is one link that matches that protection from last week. 

https://www.newsweek.com/lake-powell-water-level-projections-revealed-1775351

On 3/24/2023 at 9:56 PM, My Rights As An American said:

And another matching that projection. This is from more knowledgeable people than me on precipitation and runoff forecasting. 

https://www.kuer.org/health-science-environment/2023-03-16/wet-weather-gives-lakes-powell-and-mead-a-nudge-in-the-right-direction

Funny to look back at the 35ft predictions as it’s at 57ft and still coming up nearly a foot a day. These low guesses from places like newsweek were obviously liberal propaganda. 

Even as it’s up 57ft and still rising nearly a foot a day it’s hard to find anything but negativity on the web

• Like 2

I was just thinking this same thing the other day.  Almost every time I read a new headline about Powell, the rising water is nothing but negative.  It's almost like they are mad that it keeps rising.  Everyone knows that most EnvironMENTALists hate that Powell was ever created.  

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, My Rights As An American said:

They were not my projections, just the ones I found at the time. Excellent to see the amount of water and nutrients being pumped in daily! 

I had to quote you cuz that’s where the sources were. 

2 hours ago, AZLance said:

Fear sells

3 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Powell is up 62ft and still rising half a foot a day. Incredible 

Sounds like I better hit Lee’s this summer, I had all but written it off with 68.9 degree water last July. Wonder if the rivers stabilized after the idiotic water dump they did earlier this spring.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

Sounds like I better hit Lee’s this summer, I had all but written it off with 68.9 degree water last July. Wonder if the rivers stabilized after the idiotic water dump they did earlier this spring.

Not being a wise a** but had the best summer bite for competing rainbows and browns in the last decade last summer with those temps in addition to bonus walleye and stripers, wish it was 65F again this year tbh.

A bonus Walleye would be awesome.  After catching pride carp all day long, it would be nice to catch a fish that eats better.  How many walleye were you catching last year on Lee's?

Just a few in the same school around 12 mile in my last evening but I would bet they were targetable for the remaining summer. I heard smallmouth were caught 2 weeks later.

It was tough to get off the incredible cicada bite but after seeing a number of non-trout schools hugging the bottom in eddies, I had to find out what they were. I dropped a 3/8oz kastmaster and vertical jigged 3 out in the 2-3lb range and lost one that was 5-6lb all in 30 minutes. I'll never forget seeing the gills flare and yellow flash when I hooked my first. 

That last night my camp ate coues and lion fillet, my last sheep brats and walleye. Wish I had a picture for the dinner thread. 

Screenshot_20230628_111024_Gallery.jpg

• Like 5

I didnt say the fishing was bad last year.  We did very well.  Just that the water temps werent sustainable for a trout fishery .  The USFW must be having a stroke now with both walleye and smallmouth joining the  Browns  on the  apex predator list to possibly eradicate the "who gives a rip hair-lipped chub" or whatever their precious nongame fish is down stream. New bounties to be offered?  I'm with Huntharder, I'd rather catch a walleye than a trout for eating any day, and would be delighted to see smallies get a grip.  F the stripers though.

Maybe the colder water temps will weed out some of the kayak trash as well?

• Like 1