Sign in to follow this  
Huntaholic

Will this 2x ever be a 3x?

First off I've wanted to say I've never seen a deer get up on his hind legs to eat before like this one did. Second do you ever think this buck will be anything bigger than a 2x2. He doesn't look like a young deer to me and I see no signs of any other points trying to grow. Well just wanted to share one of my favorite video clips and I wanted to see what others thought about this 2x2 ever becoming a 3x.

http://vimeo.com/2308515

Wow - what is your video setup? That 3x at 800 yds looked like he was filmed at 200, at least until you zoomed all the way back out. I wonder if that snake ever got the jackrabbit swallowed :o

Nice buck, it lools like a pretty mature buck. After hunting midwestern whities I learned to age bucks and by those standards I would say that buck is close to four years old. My guess is that buck will never be much more than what he is. In the end it comes down to genes and food and water availability to that deer.

ER

Thanks for the compliments and opinions. Good point that he might have been a 3x at one time and now he's a 2x I never thought of that. It was a great year for moisture and feed so I'm pretty sure that wasn't a factor but you never know. I used a Canon XL1S to get most of my footage. Good camera but to big and heavy so I got rid of it. As far as the other video with the snake and the rabbit I too still wonder if he got it down if he did he would have been set for his winter hibernation that year. Thanks again everyone.

Great video, I'd say that buck is only about 3 years old, so anything's possible. My guess he's a 3X next year, if he's still around.