Sign in to follow this  
couesarcher

Ever seen this before in Deer

Went down to unit 33 with my son and daughter for their Jr. deer hunt, we had a great time. We were on to bucks both Saturday and Sunday, just couldn't get it done unitl Sunday. My daughter filled her first tag this Sunday in unit 33, we had a great weekend.

Until I started to cape the shull and found about 6 larvae in the back of the mouth and in the nasal passageway. It was disgusting.

Have any of you ever seen this before. I did a google search, it says they are called "nasal bots". Flys lay there eggs in or around the mouth and then the deer lick their lips and draws the eggs into the mouth. The larvae live in there until ready to hatch into fly's, they crawl out of the nose and fly away.

Is this acurate? Is the meat edible? I don't know if I should toss the meat.

I have taken numerous animals and never seen this.

Terry

I've seen it a few times, I don't think it affects the meat at all.

This is from my buddy's wife's deer a couple of years ago.

P1010716.jpg

Cook those suckers up. MUMMMMMMM those look good. :D

Back in 2007 I shot a whitetail in unit 32 that had a few of those tasty guys in its skull.

That meat was just fine, never tasted any better!!! :P

Didnt know what they were though, now I do.

+ 1 on what everyone else said. They are pretty common and the meat will be just fine.

Just had those nasty little suckers coming out of the nose of my 36B buck except they were green!!!!

uuhhmm...aren't those are called boogers?

Terry, dont believe what every one else is saying! Look at Casey.....he used to be normal until he ate deer meat and look on what he turned in to!!

Ernesto C

:lol: hehehhehhehe sorry I could not resist.....is a joke :lol:

Just had those nasty little suckers coming out of the nose of my 36B buck except they were green!!!!

uuhhmm...aren't those are called boogers?

If they were boogers i hope i never have another one in my life! They have a mind of their own!

You know I really think a girl I dated in high school had those!!? Or maybe it was just really bad nasal drip stuck on her tonsils. Oh well, sure tasted bad!!! :blink: :lol: ag

You know I really think a girl I dated in high school had those!!? Or maybe it was just really bad nasal drip stuck on her tonsils. Oh well, sure tasted bad!!! :blink: :lol: ag

That's just wrong.

:blink:

sick0021.gif