azelkhunter2

Official scorer ?

that is a nice bull

• Like 2

On 2/10/2023 at 1:55 PM, azelkhunter2 said:

Not a record by any means. He just wants It scored.

Congratulations to the hunter, that is a great bull!  However, Official Measurers happily volunteer their time and do not get paid anything to do so.  Some of them may donate many hundreds of hours per year doing so, taking that time away from their family and their own hunting, in order to help the hunters and various record programs.  While they enjoy meeting with hunters and helping them to get their trophies recognized by these records programs, please do not expect them to spend even more of their own valuable personal time measuring things that people don't intend to enter.  If you or he wishes to measurer it yourself using the rules of Boone & Crockett, just to see the approximate score, you can download the forms from their website.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

That is why I indicated I was willing to pay for his time. My buddy is willing to pay a few hundred dollars to get it scored. I will have that discussion with whoever I contact. Thanks for the information 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, StickFlicker said:

Congratulations to the hunter, that is a great bull!  However, Official Measurers happily volunteer their time and do not get paid anything to do so.  Some of them may donate many hundreds of hours per year doing so, taking that time away from their family and their own hunting, in order to help the hunters and various record programs.  While they enjoy meeting with hunters and helping them to get their trophies recognized by these records programs, please do not expect them to spend even more of their own valuable personal time measuring things that people don't intend to enter.  If you or he wishes to measurer it yourself using the rules of Boone & Crockett, just to see the approximate score, you can download the forms from their website.

interesting take considering the first responder of this thread is a scorer and said to bring it over any time for free. must be case by case basis with scorers. 

I doubt anyone here would have passed on this bull.

• Like 1