CouesFanatic

Draw Odds Question

Can anyone explain to me why these new odds sheets make no sense? For every point level in every column, the number of residents is greater than the total of residents and non-residents. What am I missing here? If we look at 2 bonus points, First Choice Applicants column there were 588 residents and 10 non residents for a total of 387 first choice applicants with 2 points?

Also, this hunt should have 300 tags. From what im seeing here 45 were allotted in the bonus pass and 197 during the 1-2 pass. Where are the other 58?

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 10.23.43 PM.png

• Like 1

Yeah thats definitely all screwed up. I've said it for years, our draw system needs audited because this is quite common. Looking further down it looks like it's messed up all through the report. 

The missing tags are the ones they save for their YouTube crew.

• Like 3

588 and 10 are the number of applicants.  387 is the number of APPLICATIONS.  When people apply as a group it counts as one application.  Same goes for the tags issued.  The bolded number is the number of successful applications.

The math still doesn't quite add up on the successful applications and tags issued, but it's much closer.  My best guess is that the tags reissued due to rejected card applications don't make it in to the raw data.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, 1uglydude said:

588 and 10 are the number of applicants.  387 is the number of APPLICATIONS.  When people apply as a group it counts as one application.  Same goes for the tags issued.  The bolded number is the number of successful applications.

The math still doesn't quite add up on the successful applications and tags issued, but it's much closer.  My best guess is that the tags reissued due to rejected card applications don't make it in to the raw data.

Not saying you're wrong but are you sure on the apps vs applications? I've never seen that in past reports.

49 minutes ago, Coues247 said:

Not saying you're wrong but are you sure on the apps vs applications? I've never seen that in past reports.

This is only the second year they have released reports in this format, but after the first year they did it I noticed that for one of the youth hunts we applied for there was only one app that made it into the bonus pass.  The report listed "1"  (the bold number) with the number of applicants as "2".  That was the app that had my kid and my buddy's kid on it.  Our app was the only one with that many points.

36 minutes ago, 1uglydude said:

This is only the second year they have released reports in this format, but after the first year they did it I noticed that for one of the youth hunts we applied for there was only one app that made it into the bonus pass.  The report listed "1"  (the bold number) with the number of applicants as "2".  That was the app that had my kid and my buddy's kid on it.  Our app was the only one with that many points.

Hmm. . Well thats good to know. Makes things way more confusing but atleast there's an explanation.

3 hours ago, 1uglydude said:

That makes sense. They have it labeled for the whole column as applicants, but the applications idea seems right. And like you said the tag numbers drawn are off some. Thanks for the info

Thanks uglydude for that, leave it to them to make things more confusing than they need to be. Almost like they published it this way so we can't double check the numbers

I see how knowing the number of applicants can be useful to see how many individuals are vying for the same tag as you. But when all of our applications are being selected from, its my application vs everyone else's application, not necessarily every applicant on their own

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 6:32 PM, PatrickJr said:

Thanks uglydude for that, leave it to them to make things more confusing than they need to be. Almost like they published it this way so we can't double check the numbers

I see how knowing the number of applicants can be useful to see how many individuals are vying for the same tag as you. But when all of our applications are being selected from, its my application vs everyone else's application, not necessarily every applicant on their own

It's funny, all you have to do is say something nobody understands and eventually they will stop caring and questioning the truth......

I have a different question...when do you think they will start hitting cards?  .bahahhahhahahha....just messing with you all