Looking for an ideas for optics setup. I have vortex razor uhd series Binos 12x50 and Spotting scope. What quick disconnect does everyone run? Thinking about getting Siriu tripod. Does anyone run an arca Swiss plate on their rifle? 

On 5/21/2023 at 4:21 PM, BeardWonder62 said:

Looking for an ideas for optics setup. I have vortex razor uhd series Binos 12x50 and Spotting scope. What quick disconnect does everyone run? Thinking about getting Siriu tripod. Does anyone run an arca Swiss plate on their rifle? 

if you're running binos and a spotter, then ARCA is a no-brainer for your rifle.

I have a Tricer bino adapter, one piece billet aluminum, ARCA bottom so you don't even need an adapter plate. I've also got some ARCA plates I plan on attaching to my rifle build I'm doing now.

I have arca plates on everything. All my binos, spotters, rangefinder, rifles, cameras...everything.  My monopods, bipods, tripods, all have arca clamps. So easy to go from one thing to the next without having to fiddle with attachments.  So many arca options available there is a plate that fits just about anything. You can even put binos and a camera on them at the same time. Like Savagemen said, it is a no-brainer.

I just went through the painful and expensive switch from outdoorsman to Arca.  Definitely go with Arca stuff if you’re just starting out!

4 hours ago, MMACFIVE said:

I’m not sure what you want. If it’s a dual mount setup PM me and I’ll get you all the details on this set up..,it’s simply fantastic:

IMG_3512.jpeg

That would be pretty sweet! Likely too geavy for my outdoorsmans head though.

6 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

That would be pretty sweet! Likely too geavy for my outdoorsmans head though.

I run it on a Outdoorsmans pan head for years. I sold the Outdoorsmans and bought 2 Siuri VA-5’s. There is no comparison in smoothness. 

Not talking about the head but doesn't outdoorsman's make the exact same set up to have both on one set up like that?