Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

Cod piccata

10 hours ago, PRDATR said:

AJ's. Probably $23 a pound. But I'd go for halibut as it would probably be a couple of days fresher.

Costco have cod.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

Looks fantastic!

Where does one catch Cod in living in AZ?  I’m doing griddle fried fish tacos tomorrow, with a smorgasbord of fish, grouper, gold spot, and trigger.  And Mexican tortillas…..
I  tend to fill the freezer with pescado  a bit south of here. No hay cod…. I think I caught one of those ugly bastards in AK years ago.

I caught that one at Costco lake. Wild caught filet was around $20.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

Looks fantastic!

Where does one catch Cod in living in AZ?  I’m doing griddle fried fish tacos tomorrow, with a smorgasbord of fish, grouper, gold spot, and trigger.  And Mexican tortillas…..
I  tend to fill the freezer with pescado  a bit south of here. No hay cod…. I think I caught one of those ugly bastards in AK years ago.

I caught that one at Costco lake. Wild caught filet was around $20.

I have stopped washing dishes and wasting water.  Now I use only disposable dishes etc... eat once, throw it away.  Now if I can stop washing my hands and flushing toilet. I would have a zero water bill.  Use my pool for washing clothes.  People at work haven't noticed that I have worn the same pants for 3 weeks now and only changed my shirt twice.  They do ask if I swim before coming to work......

On 6/3/2023 at 6:56 PM, trphyhntr said:

Thread reminds me I need to go fishing. CW sponsored cod fishing trip. 

2 weeks I’ll be fishing in Point Loma 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, n2horns said:

I have stopped washing dishes and wasting water.  Now I use only disposable dishes etc... eat once, throw it away.  Now if I can stop washing my hands and flushing toilet. I would have a zero water bill.  Use my pool for washing clothes.  People at work haven't noticed that I have worn the same pants for 3 weeks now and only changed my shirt twice.  They do ask if I swim before coming to work......

We all have that one guy at work. We notice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, n2horns said:

Me af 

2 hours ago, n2horns said:

Fried eggs and biscuits and gravy are the only things that get a real plate.

5 hours ago, oz31p said:

2 weeks I’ll be fishing in Point Loma 

Very nice, have a great trip.   

46 minutes ago, n2horns said:

Very nice, have a great trip.   

Me and my 15yo daughter 

I use a subscription with Wild Alaskan. They catch and flash freeze their cod, halibut, spot prawns, scallops, Dungeness, and snow crab. Plus all of their salmon varieties. We eat it every single week. Works out to about $12 a portion. So a buck or two more than store bought crap that's fishy as heck and awful in comparison. 

20220909_121251.thumb.jpg.54400a5215b72375e045039894e5cb43.jpg

20221006_180108.thumb.jpg.84bbd4be09b251e2aec2db2c92fcdb0f.jpg

This is the most recent halibut i made. Angel hair on the side. 

20230203_190445.thumb.png.400855445f2d59636e72680d8da8adb9.png

20230203_190445.png

• Like 2

That looks great.  

12 hours ago, shedhunter said:

I use a subscription with Wild Alaskan. They catch and flash freeze their cod, halibut, spot prawns, scallops, Dungeness, and snow crab. Plus all of their salmon varieties. We eat it every single week. Works out to about $12 a portion. So a buck or two more than store bought crap that's fishy as heck and awful in comparison. 

20220909_121251.thumb.jpg.54400a5215b72375e045039894e5cb43.jpg

20221006_180108.thumb.jpg.84bbd4be09b251e2aec2db2c92fcdb0f.jpg

This is the most recent halibut i made. Angel hair on the side. 

20230203_190445.thumb.png.400855445f2d59636e72680d8da8adb9.png

20230203_190445.png

This looks great.  Prices are not bad either.  Like you said, store fish is already old.  

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2