Sign in to follow this  
Gr8 White Jr

Onboard generator service needed

Does anybody have any recommendations for a service/repair technician experienced with Onan onboard generators? I need to have the Onan 4000 on my toy hauler serviced but I'd prefer to support a small business rather than paying the inflated prices at a dealer service center. 

-Tracy 

I’ve used State  a couple times.  They’re not the cheapest, but certainly not the most expensive, and they do good work. I finally had them put an in-line shut off valve so I can run it dry for storage….keeps the carb from getting  gunked up.

What do you need done?  I recently did mine- got the air filter, spark plug and fuel filter from Amazon and changed the oil, also ran some Seafoam and its running good. Wondering if there is more to do? 

35 minutes ago, Redman said:

What do you need done?  I recently did mine- got the air filter, spark plug and fuel filter from Amazon and changed the oil, also ran some Seafoam and its running good. Wondering if there is more to do? 

Not really. Change the fuel filter, oil, and air filter. Maybe a new plug. 

Make sure you use Stabilizer in the fuel and if possible fill the generator up outside maricopa County when you are out so hopefully you can get non-ethanol fuel. 

Running it dry isn't a bad idea either before you store it. 

• Like 1

I need someone too but for the generator part. I do my own service but this is a 4500 watt generator that falls on its face pulling 1500. It’s a bit over my head