SpotNStalk

Once in a lifetime

This will be brief but sharing some pics and the highlights of my hunt. Sending full story and pics to a few magazines, hoping to get it published.

I scouted on and off for 2 months, looking for one particular ram who had been named "Headache" by one of last year's hunters. The ram I had posted on here was my number two ram. I finally located "Headache" on 11/25 and had to come back that day due to a promise I made to take my daughter on her jr. hunt. Upon my return, we scouted for 3 days and was able to relocate him on both Saturday and Sunday evening, where we left him bedded. We spent Sunday night coming up with our plan on how to approach him on opening morning. Josh , my uncle, and my cousin would glass from the south side of the mountain where Headache had bedded. Myself and a friend would come up and over the northeast side. We crested the hill around 8am. Headache was bedded behind some rocks 2/3 of the way, uphill, from where he was last seen on Sunday evening. I could only see the tops of his horns. I got set up on a rock ledge for a 150+ yard shot. We waited approximately 30 minutes before he stood. When he stood he stared right at me as if he knew I was there the whole time! He was quartering towards me, I took my rifle off safety, and said "Firing!" I hit him a little high on the inside of his left shoulder. He tumbled down about 15 feet where he laid. After making sure he was down, we yelled out, gave high-fives, hugs and some fist pumps ~ It was him ~ I had my ram!

"Headache" was roughed scored by Game and Fish at 169 and 4/8 ths!

Thank you to family and friends...

[email="image081065.jpg

[email="image081093.jpg

Arthur, That ram is a STUDDDDDD!! congrats, you worked hard and put alot of time in on a well deserved trophy!!!!

Way to go Arthur!!! You got him!!!! I know how much effort you put into that hunt, you deserved that bad boy!!!! sorry I didn't call you back..... I was elk hunting, for almost a month. Lost your number, so call me when you have a chance!

Gino

fan-fricken-tastic!

glad to see you got your ram... sorry that you've burned all the good luck your family will have for the next 3 generations (1st by getting drawn, and a big 2nd for scoring a monster ram!)

T

Congratulations on a great ram!!! He is one of the few that I have ever seen that was not all banged up with chips out of the horns and the tips not broomed off. Very handsome ram, he will make a great mount.

That is a gorgeous critter right there....I could only imagine what it's like to hold your very own ram.....hopefully one day maybe :rolleyes: Huge congrats to you! JIM>

Thanks everybody. I put a alot of time and effort prior to the hunt. Thanks Gino for taking the time in talking to me. The advice you gave me on sitting back early on and letting things happen and to stop thinking about sheep was some of the best advice given. I think I was going to drive myself nuts. Thanks to Eric also for talking sheep with me. I really appreciated it.

His right is 36 6/8 and left is 36 3/8. Bases on his right 15 4/8 and left 15 6/8 with a tip to tip spread of 30 inches. They aged him at 8 laying 9.