Sign in to follow this  
Crazymonkey

Camping etiquette ( what's wrong with people ? )

44 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Crazy Joe.  Yeah, that's our commander in chief....

That kid is gonna need therapy.

Yeah...just ask his daughter...

7 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

You have to buy a pass to go camping in CA? Like with individual spots to park in? I think the op is talking about national forest random campsites 

It's just the same as our Tonto pass . Just saw them recently  required  for some of the stops at the crossings  sadly that's how it started  .

6 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

It's just the same as our Tonto pass . Just saw them recently  required  for some of the stops at the crossings  sadly that's how it started  .

isn’t the tonto pass just for improved sights? I don’t think you need a tonto pass to camp out by four peaks. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

Just improved sites .

if the spots are already there, I don’t think you gotta worry much about someone rolling in at camping in your same spot.

But I’m sure it’s happened somewhere in California and Arizona. I wouldn’t think it’s as common as OP scenario though 

Lesson learned!  No camping on the holidays......Why??.........1/3 of the population is retarded, 1/3 have no common since, and the last 1/3 somewhat have life figured out.  You go out there on the holidays you will be out numbered by idiots.  But I really do feel for you.  I did it once myself for Labor day.  Never again  

• Like 2

I went scouting about 4 years ago on labor day weekend and didn't see anyone for 4 days.

We were camped about 15 miles south of quartzite, scouting for sheep on the YPG.🥵

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I love the sheep hunting. but if I get a chance to do that, I’ll pass on that 

The deal was, that we needed to go to Yuma for a class in order to have access to YPG. So we figured we get some scouting in too. About two weeks later they changed things to online. The other guys went that route.

• Haha 1