Sign in to follow this  
Huntn coues

Caits first buck ...

Well one of my daughters finally got her first buck!

We started out glassing in the morning and only saw does and more does so we grabbed a quick bite and got back to our

perch. That afternoon we glassed up some deer along way's off and I couldn't put horns on any of them but decided

to get there and sneak a peep and yup no horns not even a spike :( From there I glassed down to a ridge I like to glass

from at last light and there was a Jeep parked there <_< Well we traveled quickly back to the ranger and headed out and drove right past the jeep about 150 yards or so and I said what the heck so I freehanded the glass and looked down

into this drainage and about crapped when the first thing I focussed on was this buck :o who thought he was hidden really

well :rolleyes: standing there exposing his front shoulder and head. I told Caitlin (cuz she drew the longest straw over her two sisters) to come down here and shoot this buck (very calmly I might add) Gino :angry: :P Well she did and made a

good 250 yard shot on em.

Took awhile to get her first buck but the 2 bulls and 2 Javy's she has smoked has kept her occupied while waiting for her

buck.

The buck was shot at last light so here is some pics from the next day.

NEXT UP..........................Coues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-1274-1229096584.jpg

post-1274-1229096575.jpg

Congratulations again Caitlin! :D It was sure cool to see you guy's out there on the hunt & see your buck in person....great buck & great shootin'! Bret

A big congratulation to Caitlin on her first buck and I know you must feel pretty proud of her Troy. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Whooooo Hoooo!!! Way to go Cat!!!! As always.... I am so proud of you (and your sisters) for putting in the time and hunting hard!!! Guess I gotta give your Daddy some credit too... he also did a good job! ;) :P But, I gotta know.... was Dad Really Calm, this time????? :rolleyes: :unsure: :huh: :rolleyes: ;) You let me know.

Way to go girl!!!! Congrats!! I love the Euro mount your Dad did it looks Great!!!

UG