CouesWhitetail

Win a Covert II Trail Camera!!

Hi All,

Well, Doug and I were chatting about a contest idea so that I could give away a new Covert II trail camera and you guys might remember Doug's deer hunt story which included the lucky coral bean that SunDevil gave him before the hunt. For those that didn't read the story, here it is:

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...c=11172&hl=

Well, anyway, this is a variant on the usual guess the number of beans in the jar in that it's all 100% coral beans collected by my husband. Coral beans are a neat and unusual plant in AZ that produces a toxic red bean.

I think the beans fit in well with this time of year since they are a very Christmasy red color. Here are some photos of the very unusual flower this plant has.

post-1-1229377341_thumb.jpg

post-1-1229377360.jpg

post-1-1229377375.jpg

So, for this contest, you guess the number of coral beans in the jar. The jar is as full as can be and it measures about 10.5 inches tall and 6 inches in diameter. I put a 110 inch buck skull next to it for scale so we could at least make this somehow Coues related :lol:

The person closest to the number (either high or low) wins. I haven't yet figured if I am going to count each individual bean or get a rough estimate based on weighing a 100 beans or so and figuring it out. But either way, you have to accept the answer I come up with as the one you have to get closest to.

I will run this contest until Dec 31st so that gives you about two weeks to figure it out.

Amanda

Here is a pic of the DLC Covert II trail camera. These things are sweet!!! They are 5MP "micro" cams, have infrared for nighttime pics and video and come with a 2GB SD card. For more info on these cams, click here.

post-1-1229375561.gif post-1-1229376307.jpg

And here are the coral bean jar pics:

post-1-1229375604_thumb.jpg

post-1-1229375618_thumb.jpg

post-1-1229375630_thumb.jpg

GREAT... Now I'm going to be up counting beans for the next two weeks. :wacko:

--Bill

I'm gonna guess 852 beans!

There be 5888 beans in that there jar!

Kevin

PS What is the geographic range of the plant? Don't recall running across it anywhere and that flower should sure stick out.

I'm gonna say 3,250 beans in that jar.....give or take 1000! :P I'll stick with 3,250 as my final answer! JIM>