crazyaboutcoues

2008 Archery Coues hunt

Sunday J- and I got together and hunted the same area. The Day was overcast and windy, I was only going to hunt until 10:00 because i had to come home and watch the Miami Dolphins smoke the Ravens (of course that didn't happen <_< ). Nothing came thru the ridge so I left at 9:00 and still hunted my way back to the truck. It usually takes me 20 minutes to walk to the stand from my truck, at 10:00 am I was still about 150 yards from the truck with no deer sightings. I decided to put my arrow back on the quiver and make a B-line to the truck so I wouldn't miss the kick off. Yep you guessed it, not 30 seconds later I heard a buck grunt twice. At first I thought it might have been the trees because it was windy. Nope...just after the grunt I heard the deer moving my way. I quickly tried to nock an arrow but you know how that is when you're under pressure. When I finally had it nocked I had one of the does at about 7 yards looking right at me. She immediately bolted and let out the sound that we bow hunters hate...SSSSSHHHHHHHEEEEEWWWW.

Two more does ran thru with the buck right on them, no shot.

We got some good snow the last two mornings hopefully I can hit it again tomorrow.

All right Tommy, hang in there. Who would have guessed that close to the truck. Oh well he probably wasn't big enough anyway.

Things have slowed down considerably in my spot. I sat the scrape until 11:00am with no deer. Today was a beautiful day the wind was non-existant which made it very hard to still hunt. I never saw a deer today but i did push a few I just heard them running. :huh:

I think the rut is in full swing now and I have to change tactics. My camera has not taken a picture in over a week. Starting tomorrow I'm going to hit a different spot, we are suppose to get some weather tomorrow, I think it might help.

I need a shower :blink:

I need a shower :blink:

No doubt... I can smell your stink through the computer :P

You guys better start flinging some arrows!

Let's just say the last five days of the hunt was like the the last five weeks for the Dallas Cowboys. :D

That is the quote of the year...

J