Sign in to follow this  
maximus

supressor maintenance

I just got my suppressor and was wondering how often do you clean it? after how many shots? i have the banish 30 .

thanks for the help.

1 hour ago, GreyGhost85 said:

How much experience do you have with supressors and supressor maintenance?

i don't have any experience, is my first suppressor and wanted to know from guys with experience.

7 hours ago, maximus said:

i don't have any experience, is my first suppressor and wanted to know from guys with experience.

Make sure to use high temp anti size on the threads  between  the joints  . I have the same  can and it was a mother Fer to get apart.  As for cleaning  it depends  on what  you  use it on . On my 7-08  the baffles get some carbon build . I don't  rapid fire to get it hot enough  to blast the carbon  out. They do get  crud in them they all do . Anyone  that says  they don't  need cleaning  should  see all the youtube videos  on cleaning  your can and the dip for cleaning  your can . There is several  of each and most sealed  cans still  need  cleaning  . Alot of the manufacturers  will  tell you to contact  them and send them in for cleaning.  

2 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

Make sure to use high temp anti size on the threads  between  the joints  . I have the same  can and it was a mother Fer to get apart.  As for cleaning  it depends  on what  you  use it on . On my 7-08  the baffles get some carbon build . I don't  rapid fire to get it hot enough  to blast the carbon  out. They do get  crud in them they all do . Anyone  that says  they don't  need cleaning  should  see all the youtube videos  on cleaning  your can and the dip for cleaning  your can . There is several  of each and most sealed  cans still  need  cleaning  . Alot of the manufacturers  will  tell you to contact  them and send them in for cleaning.  

what is high temp anti size ?

59 minutes ago, maximus said:

what is high temp anti size ?

Here's  a picture  . There is a whole  bunch  of stuff  on long  range hunting  forum under suppressors  there is a blip about  the banish 30 on there .

20230822_073108.jpg

1 hour ago, Crazymonkey said:

Here's  a picture  . There is a whole  bunch  of stuff  on long  range hunting  forum under suppressors  there is a blip about  the banish 30 on there .

20230822_073108.jpg

Crazy Monkey

thank you so much, i read something about that was hard to unscrew the top part but i didn't know what to use, you were great help.

thank you again.

1 hour ago, maximus said:

Crazy Monkey

thank you so much, i read something about that was hard to unscrew the top part but i didn't know what to use, you were great help.

thank you again.

I dipped  the baffles  in clr for awhile  and used a bronze brush  to clean . When your  done use alcohol  to wash  off clr. Don't  use clr on the tubes it's supposed  to eventually  take off finish  . If you  ever get baffles  stuck  I did buy the tool from  SC  to remove  them . Just a little  anti seaze  on the threads is all you need .

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

I dipped  the baffles  in clr for awhile  and used a bronze brush  to clean . When your  done use alcohol  to wash  off clr. Don't  use clr on the tubes it's supposed  to eventually  take off finish  . If you  ever get baffles  stuck  I did buy the tool from  SC  to remove  them . Just a little  anti seaze  on the threads is all you need .

I would be careful with CLR. I use it on a lot of materials for work. It can do some crazy stuff to some metals. It is really good at cleaning though!