Sign in to follow this  
DSO123

WTB - 10x42EL

Looking for a good condition set of Swarovski 10x42ELs, preferably latest version field pros with Swarovision. Always a plus to have the outdoorsman’s adapter already installed. 

I didn’t look into it to see if it matched all your needs but I’ve seen a few pairs on the fb hunting pages. Might want to take a look. I thought all the EL’s were the same. 🤷🏼‍♂️

IMG_6334.png

9 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

That’s interesting because when I was buying a used pair of EL’s, I called Swaro to see how to check if they’re stolen and have warranty transferred. The employee told me that all EL’s have the same glass so it didn’t matter if I got an old pair or a new pair. Mine were a 2021 model anyways so it didn’t matter but he spent 5 minutes explaining how there really was no difference in the glass. 🤷🏼‍♂️

3 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I think the glass is the same, but coatings are different.

I bet Doug from Cameraland NY would know.

Not sure about 10x42's but there are generations for 12x50 EL's.  I know as I called SCS as I am thinking of buying a pair and wanted to get the latest generation.

In the 12x50 case, anything made on 2015 or after is the latest.

Good luck,

Eddie

1 hour ago, eddielasvegas said:

Not sure about 10x42's but there are generations for 12x50 EL's.  I know as I called SCS as I am thinking of buying a pair and wanted to get the latest generation.

In the 12x50 case, anything made on 2015 or after is the latest.

Good luck,

Eddie

That’s exactly what I was inquiring about when the Swaro guy told me they’re all the same. 🤣. 12x50’s. 

7 hours ago, matt said:

That’s interesting because when I was buying a used pair of EL’s, I called Swaro to see how to check if they’re stolen and have warranty transferred. The employee told me that all EL’s have the same glass so it didn’t matter if I got an old pair or a new pair. Mine were a 2021 model anyways so it didn’t matter but he spent 5 minutes explaining how there really was no difference in the glass. 🤷🏼‍♂️

There is definitely a difference in the different gens of ELs and their performance. The originals had the Swarobright coatings and are “not hd.” They started making the the SV (swarovision) model around 2010 and the field pro model around 2015. The glass and coatings between the SV and field pro model are the same but anything pre2010 you’d notice a difference in glass quality/performance. That’s when they added the field flattening lens as well. The changes between the field pro and sv model were cosmetic like the objective lens caps and harness connection points. I’d buy the sv or fp model  👍

• Like 1