Hoss50

Fall Turkey Advice?

Anyone have any advice for hunting fall turkey? I have hunted spring once, but never fall. I know they won't be gobbling to help locate, what tactics do you use to locate them normally? 

Kee kee call (young turkey). If you see a flock, you can try to run at them and break them up and call. I had a buddy we called Bird Dog because he had long legs and could run fast. They will come back to regroup. 

Sitting water with lots of tracks. 

Water. I saw big flock drinking out of a puddle last week in 23. There were tracks around every puddle and tank I looked at 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JSR said:

Water. I saw big flock drinking out of a puddle last week in 23. There were tracks around every puddle and tank I looked at 

We will be in 23 in a few weeks. Hopefully we can catch up with a flock. 

We caught up to a group of hens yesterday afternoon, and my older son got a decent Tom yesterday evening. First turkey for both of us. 

His Tom death flopped into a tank we shot it on and got wet. We cleaned up the fan when we got home and I think it will turn out well. 

My son's are posed with my hen by the rocks, and my younger son is with it on the tailgate. 

20231007_145926.jpg

20231007_151712.jpg

20231007_163629.jpg

20231008_150121.jpg

20231007_164110.jpg

• Like 10

We had the hen breasts for dinner tonight. It was amazing. Tons of garlic, tons of butter, etc. Legitimately one of the best meals my wife has ever cooked and she is a pretty decent cook. 

We are going to do this again, but next time over pasta. 

20231008_181739.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Hoss50 said:

We had the hen breasts for dinner tonight. It was amazing. Tons of garlic, tons of butter, etc. Legitimately one of the best meals my wife has ever cooked and she is a pretty decent cook. 

We are going to do this again, but next time over pasta. 

Way better than anything you can buy in the store.

On 10/9/2023 at 8:50 AM, Petey said:

Beautiful Griswold!

That one isn't marked except for 12 7/16" with the number 10 below it near the handle. My smaller pan is stamped Griswold.