Sign in to follow this  
vitalzone

Mexico dead head

The only way I know is to put a regular Mexico tag on it and bring it over with all of the normal import/export paperwork.   It has to be a tag from this year with a UMA # from the ranch.

i shot a buck in January that I couldn’t find and the rancher/cowboy was able to find it in March.  I went back down and brought it back just like I would have done it in January. 
reach out to me in Ernesto doesn’t get with you 

Houston

2 hours ago, vitalzone said:

Dried out completely, but has dried fur on the skull

It will need cleaned and all hair/meat removed, you will still have to get the required paperwork,  this is an federal fish and Wildlife issue.  They won’t allow it without proper paperwork and cleaned properly. I don’t think there is anyway around it. I hope I’m wrong but that is the only way I know of to bring it back legally. 

I’m not 100% sure but i’ve heard you can cut the antlers off the skull and bring them back as "sheds". Glue them to a cheap bottle of tequila and i bet you wouldn’t get hassled at all. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

The only way I know is to put a regular Mexico tag on it and bring it over with all of the normal import/export paperwork.   It has to be a tag from this year with a UMA # from the ranch.

i shot a buck in January that I couldn’t find and the rancher/cowboy was able to find it in March.  I went back down and brought it back just like I would have done it in January. 
reach out to me in Ernesto doesn’t get with you 

Houston

This!

6 hours ago, vitalzone said:

It is with a street vender in nogales

he had several coues heads, all found I would think

You need to know for sure if it was found, hunted or how he got it.

Unless the street vendor owns a UMA and the registration is current, with all the proper documents and tags yes you can bring the head properly cleaned and tagged.

1 hour ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I’m not 100% sure but i’ve heard you can cut the antlers off the skull and bring them back as "sheds". Glue them to a cheap bottle of tequila and i bet you wouldn’t get hassled at all. 

No no no, don't do this! You can't bring sheds either.! unless you do it the right way! The legal way!

14 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

We have been told we can't cross with sheds so we have never attempted to do it. I have no idea on what would happen. 

I talked to fish and wildlife, The contacted a organization in Mexico that possibly migjt be able to buy a permit to bring it into arizona.

I would o ly consider doing everyything legally as I would also get it mounted.

It was obvious it was laying in the dirt for quite some time, 

3 hours ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

We have been told we can't cross with sheds so we have never attempted to do it. I have no idea on what would happen. 

Sheds require a permit as well, then its ok to bring them across, according to the fish and wildlife people I talked to today