Sign in to follow this  
AZAV8ER

Hunting rifle sight in

It's been at least 10 years since I've been to Usery.  Felt like I was walking on eggshells so I wasn't going to be publicly shamed for any little faux pas.

• Like 1

Probably been close to 40 years since I frequented public shooting ranges but I don’t remember being yelled at bothering me as my dads hard knuckle to the back of the head was what got my attention and what I remember today. Now I’m that range nazi. Anyone hunting or shooting with me has to be thick skinned after their second offense no matter their age. Sorry but seen one too many near tragedy 

• Like 2

I havent been to Rio Salado since some butt bag with a God complex completely berated me for tipping my safety glassed up on my forehead while looking through binoculars and then pushing them back down immediately when I pulled away. All of this while well behind the line. I understand they see it all and have to be stern at times but I think the butt chewing should fit the crime.... 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2023 at 7:09 AM, Swivelhead said:

I appreciate a cranky RSO, too many idiots at public ranges.  If an butt chewing is earned, take it don't whine.

Big difference  between eating an M&M behind the firing line and sweeping the line with a Mac10, right?  

I used to take my wife and daughter to  an indoor range in the valley for their 'Ladies Shoot Free' night. Didn't take long to realize it was a dangerous place to be.

The goal at my range is to make as many day to day shooters RSOs. The course is free thru the range and safer range is a more enjoyable one. Insurance is cheaper,  too. I can see in the near future where all range members at our club  will be required to be RSO certified.