Redman

Where will the speed barrier end?

How fast is fast enough? PSE released a new bow shooting 366 FPS making it the fastest bow ever (sorry Mathews, your adds will need to change)....this is not a which bow is better topic (I could care less what you shoot)....but 366 FPS? Jumping the string...can that still happen?

Redman

It can shoot 466fps, but if it doesn't shoot well, it won't be a popular bow. Pretty much every serious bowhunter out there already has their minds made up on what bow they shoot, simply because it's the bow that they shoot the best.

Don't get me wrong, though, there will be a lot of folks that buy it because they have to have the "latest and greatest" bow on the market. That's the draw for all these major bow manufacturers.

I imagine the percentage of people that actually achieve the IBO speed of a bow is pretty small anyway.

but 366 FPS? Jumping the string...can that still happen?

The speed of sound is 1126 fps, so still worry about deer jumping the string.

It can shoot 466fps, but if it doesn't shoot well, it won't be a popular bow. Pretty much every serious bowhunter out there already has their minds made up on what bow they shoot, simply because it's the bow that they shoot the best.

Don't get me wrong, though, there will be a lot of folks that buy it because they have to have the "latest and greatest" bow on the market. That's the draw for all these major bow manufacturers.

I imagine the percentage of people that actually achieve the IBO speed of a bow is pretty small anyway.

Well said

I am a serious bow hunter and I am set in my own ways also. No matter how fast a bow can shoot does not matter to me. I will go out there with a recurve and have confidence. I think most of the fast speed bows are just so that way some can say their bow shoots that fast.

Fast bows CAN equate directly to better accuracy, but then again that is only as good as the person loosing the string.

My bow is rated 325, but with my hunting shafts I am @ 295.

I feel it is plenty fast, but I sure wouldn't mind getting another 30fps if it still shoots well.

I shot the Omen at ATA last week and it is a screamer... It does jump and it does have a short brace height... You don't get something for nothing... People will always want bows with more KE... Just because of human nature... They like to be able to quantify and compete.

There will become a point when people will need to adjust there pins or go to a single pin because of pin clutter but other than that I just don't see an end...

Personally, I don't think speed makes bows anymore accurate it gives you a greater margin of error when judging a distance because the trajectory is flatter. In fact the shorter brace height and all the tweeking they need to do to get the speeds may make harder for the shoorter to be consistant.

J

I dont care how fast a bow can shoot as long as it is accurate in my hands, and quiet.......

It would be nice though to have a single pin that may be slightly high at 20 yards, right on at 30 and slightly low at 40 yards. Takes the guessing out if you dont have time to range an animal