Sign in to follow this  
Tony Nile

Discuss...

14 minutes ago, AZLance said:

A few years ago when I got to my tree stand there was another hunter sitting it, I told him it was my stand, and he said in AZ it's first come first serve, I told him that was fine, I'd go sit somewhere else. Before I left, I took all my tree steps going to the tree stand, he seemed upset. he was screaming something about first come when I walked away, I hope he got down ok.

That’s a whole nother story all together. If I was sitting someone’s blind and they walked in during a sit. Be like any other sitting situation. I’d say say didn’t you see my truck on the way in mr slept too late? 

1 hour ago, high rise hunter said:

Assuming this is on public land I don’t like how this note is written. Anyone can legally hunt from that blind outfitter owned or not. Better to just say, “This blind belongs to TNT—we will have clients in-and-out of here from 12/15 -12/31. If you happen to kill anything over this water please share with us at at…(contact info)."

This is the correct answer. But if I had my heart set on sitting that spot and walked up to find a note like that. I’d still show up first and sit that spot if I wanted to on the exact dates they want to reserve 

• Like 1

Well if I showed up to someone sitting on my property and I wanted to use it at a different spot since I slept in would I be legal to take my property with me?

Interesting perspectives here.  I get the first one to the spot logic but now I want to take my stand or blind elsewhere. Am I a douche?

A few years ago I sat a waterhole during the archery season that had a blind on it. Was tempted but just built my own natural blind next to it. The next day, as I was sitting in my natural blind, it started to rain pretty hard and decided I wanted to stay dry so I got in the blind. About 30 minutes later it had stopped and in came 2 coues bucks and I had shot my first coues with a bow. Buck expired within 50 yards and it was getting dark so I wanted to get out quick so I started to gut him out. Not 10 minutes after, a guy shows up in his side by side and I tell him I shot it out of that blind which he says is his and he’s a guide and has had clients sitting it. I told him I only got in it because of the rain and he was cool about it and even drove me and the buck back out to the truck. Only thing he didn’t like was that I gutted it near the water hole, which looking back now I totally get. We exchanged numbers and let each other know if either of us will be in there now.

31 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Well if I showed up to someone sitting on my property and I wanted to use it at a different spot since I slept in would I be legal to take my property with me?

Interesting perspectives here.  I get the first one to the spot logic but now I want to take my stand or blind elsewhere. Am I a douche?

I would get up and let you have it. But I’d hope you’d feel like a total fag interrupting someone’s hunt because you showed up late and have no other options but to take the blind off the area someone has set up in. 

I think if I was in that situation I would just leave it and come back and get it. 

What if you made a nice brush blind pre season planning to sit. Someone else decided to sit it during the season, you walk in and tear it down while they’re sitting? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ctafoya said:

I wouldn't use a blind or stand that wasn't mine anyway. If it ain't yours, don't touch it. 

Scenario for you. You walk in to your spot to sit your poverty brush blind. there’s a pop up blind there with nobody in it. Youre still sitting the brush? 

Just now, trphyhntr said:

Scenario for you. You walk in to your spot to sit your poverty brush blind. there’s a pop up blind there with nobody in it. Youre still sitting the brush? 

I don't sit anyway. Feels wrong. 

11 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

put out a sign out that says what ridges youre glassing and start reserving them 

I get your point.