Sign in to follow this  
Tony Nile

Discuss...

heck, there low life’s ripping off camps when people are in the field. I use a pop up occasionally, but wouldn’t dare leave it out. I pack it in and out each time. It’s not that hard .

14 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Nah. That’s totally chill imo. I wouldn’t give a care if someone sat my blind that’s on public when I’m not in it. 

of course I’d be sick if they killed a giant. But that’s not here nor there 

I think its all about respect IMO. I just personally would never sit in someone else's property even though its on public land, unless I was given permission. Just doesn't seem right but I respect your opinion.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HNTNGUY said:

I think its all about respect IMO. I just personally would never sit in someone else's property even though its on public land, unless I was given permission. Just doesn't seem right but I respect your opinion.

if they set up in the good wind spot, no place else to sit. You’d just relinquish the spot to the dude who reserved it with the blind?  

If you don’t know anything about the spot and you see a blind and hop in, I think that’s kinda chicken shoot. But also can’t say anything wrong with it on public really 

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

if they set up in the good wind spot, no place else to sit. You’d just relinquish the spot to the dude who reserved it with the blind?  

I would. Plenty of other places to hunt man.

I look at it like this. Opening day you head out to your glassing spot or place you're gonna park your truck to hunt, and there's already a vehicle there. Do you park and hunt/glass there or move down the road to the next spot? I move down the road to the next spot...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HNTNGUY said:

I look at it like this. Opening day you head out to your glassing spot or place you're gonna park your truck to hunt, and there's already a vehicle there. Do you park and hunt/glass there or move down the road to the next spot? I move down the road to the next spot...

There’s nobody there, nobody in the blind. the parked truck argument is irrelevant.

11 minutes ago, HNTNGUY said:

Really there’s not a lot of good places to sit actually. Do you not scout out holes before you hunt them? You scout the hole the weekend before, the opening day comes there’s a blind there with nobody hunting, you relinquish that spot? 

that’s wild. 

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

There’s nobody in the blind so the parked truck argument is irrelevant.

Really there’s not a lot of good places to sit actually. Do you not scout out holes before you hunt them? You scout the hole the weekend before, the opening day comes there’s a blind there with nobody hunting, you relinquish that spot? 

that’s wild. 

I absolutely scout. That has nothing to do with someones blind sitting at a water hole and me not using it. To each their own man. Happy Holidays

6 minutes ago, HNTNGUY said:

I absolutely scout. That has nothing to do with someones blind sitting at a water hole and me not using it. To each their own man. Happy Holidays

Im just asking cuz you said not only would you not sit it, but you would leave the spot entirely. Merry Christmas 

Its just a note. I dont think the note infers that the spot belongs to them, only the blind. 

they even gave two ways to contact them to discuss when you/they might be planning on hunting the spot. 

there are definitely worst ways to handle the situation. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, JSR said:

Its just a note. I dont think the note infers that the spot belongs to them, only the blind. 

they even gave two ways to contact them to discuss when you/they might be planning on hunting the spot. 

there are definitely worst ways to handle the situation. 

That's how I read it.  

• Like 1

Are the questions:

Is it legal to leave it there = No?
Is it legal for anyone to sit in 'abandon property = Yes?

Whether you choose to or not is up to you = Yes?

The note itself does not change any of the above - Correct?

If you are in it and someone comes to claim it - then again up to you how you handle it but I would allow them to take the blind but I would not leave the tank and create a natural blind (if I chose to sit it in or if someone was sitting in my blind that is how I would like it be handled - If chose to remove the blind).

On 12/23/2023 at 9:05 AM, HNTNGUY said:

That's how we do it.  We always plan on a primary and secondary glassing spot in camp the evening before.  Often the parking spot for a prime glassing spot is pretty obvious.  We try to get out and plan on being at our spot well before sunrise, but occassionally someone has beat us to it.  If we arrive at our planned parking spot and there's a vehicle there already, we head out to "plan B" spot.  I prefer to not share glassing points with other hunters during the season, and I'm sure they don't want to share with me either if they beat me to it.

One case we experienced was being at our glassing point about an hour before sunrise.  Froze our azzes off until sunup.  Shortly after a group of bulls was headed our way, with a nice 6x the boy wanted to try for.  As we are watching them, and they are almost in range and position for a shot, they stopped, then busted out of there about an hour after sun up.  Shortly after noticed a rather portly guy huffing his way up the top of the ridge, skylining himself, instead of using the military crest on the opposite side of the intended glassing area.  That was frustrating, but nothing worse than that.  He came up, talked to us, parked himself about 50 yards away and started glassing.  We just got up and left after a bit.

Can't understand encroaching on a glassing spot where someone has established themselves, especially walking in during prime glassing hours.  Too scared to walk alone in the dark I guess.  

I've sometimes made the walk in when it is scouting season and shared a spot, and visa versa.  Usually makes for a good time meeting other hunters.  But not during a season.