Sign in to follow this  
Crazymonkey

Cummins emissions recall ?

Just watched some videos on YouTube regarding this.  My 2018 is never going to the dealership again. All diesel owners best  hope AZ  doesn’t follow in implementing the CA CaRB state requirements either, although Maricopa County seems to to be a CA wannabe. 

Still not doing it. Any thing related to Califorkya regulations is out  for me. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pirogue said:

Doesn’t the old adage, “you get what you pay for”, apply.  But now, Dodge is known for cheaper, and cheater.

Guessing you’re a Ford owner?  10% +  higher cost and they use every opp to deny warranty liability.  IE Death Wobble for starters.  Ford shafted me on two diesels under warranty ,  I’ll walk before I buy one again.  Ram has taken care of every issue I’ve had. In case you didn’t read it slowly, the issue is Cummins, not Ram, btw.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 12:06 PM, pirogue said:

Doesn’t the old adage, “you get what you pay for”, apply.  But now, Dodge is known for cheaper, and cheater.

Atleast  it doesn't  come with  ford logo pushing  shoes for when it breaks down.  Mine will  still  be running  and putting out a 1.7 billion dollar  cloud.image.png.70480325f4a6bcf8345d96a1179ebe41.png

To anyone who does read this and has gotten the notice for the recall, do not do it. It is a PCM program update that locks out anyone, including dealer software, from being able to make any adjustments to the programming of the unit. 

If you’re tuned, deleted, have any upgraded fuel system parts, aftermarket turbos it can and likely will cause a large range of issues. Anything ‘23 & newer or coming from the dealer used will already have the update.

Hope this helps someone before you’re pissed off.

• Like 2